• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Captains - My Best Photo of the Year

Jeremy Igo

Awesome picture Jeremy.

Jake is such a great kid (unbelievable spirit he has)....we live in the same neighborhood and he is friends with my youngest son.

We have a big 5k run and silent auction every year in our neighborhood (over 1,000 runners every year) to raise money for them and their cause.

Any info on the 5k?  If not, be sure to post when it comes around.  I'm always down for running for a cause.

Thanks so much Jeremy for taking this picture. It couldn't be more perfect. Jake takes everyone up to his room to show the picture to them.

He is a huge Panthers fan, so much though that he lemented not being able to meet Graham Gano and Brad Nortman on the day he was a Captain. He has recently been upset that De'andre Presley would possibly not be back if the Panthers draft a WR. I was like "who??"

Anyway, word got back to Graham Gano about Jake missing meeting him and he sent Jake his signed jersey. I couldn't be a more proud to be a Panther fan!

Also thanks for asking about the 5k that we do each year. The website is down and being updated for 2015 but it is www.brookhavenfamilyrun.com all the proceeds go to PPMD in an effort to find a cure or even a treatment for these boys. Currently there is no cure or treatment but there are promising Rx being developed.

post-704-0-16085000-1427388011_thumb.jpg

That's my Panthers.  I can't imagine how happy that must have made Jake.  To have to deal with MD is tough and I'm going to be rooting for this young man to live as full a life as he possibly can.  Also, we don't tell you enough but Jeremy you are the best man.

Archived