• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera confirms Panthers will be drafting a RB

gettlemanjack

Fozzy will still get carries because Stewart will get injured for at least two games. Plus I would rather have 3 good RBs than 2. Gurley would be awesome but his injury history scares me.

is Gurley worth more than a WR like Strong or a OT like DJ Humphries? I would personally go with Gurley after all we are a running team.

Gurley in 1st

OT or Greene in 2nd

OT or Hardy in 3rd

I don't think saying we are going to draft a running back is a diss to Fozzy, Tolbert or anyone else. We brought in a back last year only to lose him to New England. That allowed Fozzy a chance to begin with. Of course we are drafting a RB and a LB and a corner. Just like most years. Competition improves the team across the board. Every one knows that they are not guaranteed a starting position unless you are a high priced starter.

I dont buy that this is stews last year either. If he produces this season like down the stretch last year you have to keep him on. He has been injured, but most backs get hurt at some point. I think we give him a much team friendlier extension going into next year and let the man retire here. The whole team seems to love him. And youve got to think tolbert will be ritiring in the next few years as well

If Gurley is there in round 1 he might be the pick.

Would not be surprised. The Panthers have always made it clear they want to be a run first physical team. There is not much better ways to do it then to pick arguably the best RB in the draft. I could then see us going OL and WR with our next two picks. Very offensive oriented draft. 

As I stated in another thread yesterday, please go look at Gurley's carries per game, and injury history.

And that's in college.

Yup I didn't realize how banged up he has been until a looked a little deeper at his history at Georgia. Definitely troubling and worrisome especially with his physical running style. I really am leaning away from Gurley if he's available in the first. BPA, maybe, but that doesn't do much good if he is struggling to consistently play 16 games a year for his tenure in Carolina. Haven't we endured enough injuries at the running back position in recent years here?

Archived