• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera confirms Panthers will be drafting a RB

gettlemanjack

I think if gurley is there we pick him if he checks out good to go , You cant pass on him at 25th he is only 20 years old, limit his play time this year and watch him be our star Rb for years to come ,,  

Panthers GM impressed by Georgia running back Todd Gurley , I don't know if This link has been posted if so Sry 

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/165097/panthers-gm-impressed-by-georgia-running-back-todd-gurley

I think if gurley is there we pick him if he checks out good to go ,, You cant pass on him at 25th he is 20 years old limit his play this year and watch him be a our star Rb for years to come ,,

Panthers GM impressed by Georgia running back Todd Gurley , I dont know if This links has been posted if so Sry

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/165097/panthers-gm-impressed-by-georgia-running-back-todd-gurley

Carolina general manager Dave Gettleman really likes Georgia running back Todd Gurley , expected to be one of the top two backs selected in the draft.

“What a nice guy," Gettleman said. “Gosh! What a nice kid."

Here's the RBs College Football Metrics has going in the first 3 Rounds:

1st R

#17 Todd Gurley 

#23 Melvin Gordon

#27 Tevin Coleman

2nd R

#42 TJ Yeldon

#56 Duke Johnson

3rd R

#67 Jay Ajayi

#70 Ameer Abdullah

#76 David Johnson

#90 Jeremy Langford

http://www.collegefootballmetrics.com/members/2015-nfl-mock-draft-7-0-three-rounds-includes-team-by-team-list/

That Rivera quote is the most ridiculous contradictory thing I've ever read. It's just press fodder. 

We need a compliment to Jonathan to have a good two back tandem, but we have to spread it to Fozzy and Tolbert too. 

We need him to be waiting in the wings, but wait we also need him to be a contributor, but we also need Fozzy/Tolbert to contribute too. 

It all depends on who is available. I honestly would love to draft a Rb in latter rounds. Yeldon, Langford, Ajayi and Johnson could all be drafted in latter rounds. Drafting a RB in the first round isn't a good idea but drafting Gurley in the first sure is tempting.

It all depends on who is available. I honestly would love to draft a Rb in latter rounds. Yeldon, Langford, Ajayi and Johnson could all be drafted in latter rounds. Drafting a RB in the first round isn't a good idea but drafting Gurley in the first sure is tempting.

I would take Gurley in the first.  Stewart is only going to be here this season.  I see no way Stewart stays on next season.  Give Gurley one year behind Stewart and he will be ready to start in 2016.

Archived