• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Casey Hampton

firstdayfan

Everyone slow down on the he's the best NT in the game talk...he is not.

However he is very good at what he does.

He would look like a superstar in this D, but we have no realistic shot of getting him. Me thinks that another 3-4 team would ****** him up just for insurance purposes....and extra cap room. Someone like KC, SD, or NE.

Everyone slow down on the he's the best NT in the game talk...he is not.

However he is very good at what he does.

He would look like a superstar in this D, but we have no realistic shot of getting him. Me thinks that another 3-4 team would ****** him up just for insurance purposes....and extra cap room. Someone like KC, SD, or NE.

Well possibly KC, but SD has the highly underrated Jamal Williams and NE has Wilfork. I just don't see either of them really going after him since he'll be a bit too costly as a backup player. Plus, I think if he got offers to play here (where we have a high probability of making the playoffs) compared to say KC (where it's not gonna happen), which would you choose?

As word of La Canfora's opinion has made the round, Hampton addressed the matter after practice on Tuesday.

"Oh, they're going to cut me today?" Hampton said, according to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.

But Hampton then addressed his uncertain future, given that defensive end Brett Keisel was picked to receive a five-year deal -- and Hampton wasn't.

"If they let me get to free agency, everybody knows what it's going to be," Hampton said. "There ain't nothing to even talk about."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

This is a very interesting quote. Sounds like he isn't too happy with the organization. They did just draft Ziggy Hood. Maybe more truth in this than I first thought. I still find it very doubtful.

Archived