• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Casey Hampton

firstdayfan

I agree, but I don't know what we would do with him and Kemo next year. He did mention that there would probably have to be some long term deal. I asked about whether the Browns were shopping Correy Williams but he never answered it, should of put a different name.

I hope we have that problem. Achilles Tendons can be a very serious injury, so if Kemo is able to come back next year and compete with Hampton for a starting position it would be a delight. Better yet, if we don't have Peppers huge contract next year we could keep them both and just rotate them every couple of plays to keep them fresh.

What do you mean? You would put Kemo and Hampton out there at the same time. Hampton is about the size of Kris Jenkins right? And we had Kemo and Jenkins start for a while.

Yeah I guess you're right, but don't Hampton and Kemo play the same style. Jenkins was at least able to get some pressure on the QB. I would still love to see it.

what's his cap value? Panthers are slim in that department, so a significant move to free up space would have to be made.
contract details for mr. hampton:

8/22/2005: Signed a five-year, $22.75 million contract. The deal included a $6.975 million signing bonus. 2009: $3.075 million, 2010: Free Agent. Cap charge: $4,818,750 (2009).

going to be a gamble. we don't really have the coinage to sign him at the moment but if he gets cut he becomes more affordable.

problem there is that he will also likely be highly sought after. considering where we are on the waiver list, that isn't too good.

best chance to get him is to scrounge up some cap room and make a trade for him. he might be agreeable to a price cut if he is going to a good situation with a good contract. i'm sure we could sign him to a back ended 2-3 year deal.

contract details for mr. hampton:

going to be a gamble. we don't really have the coinage to sign him at the moment but if he gets cut he becomes more affordable.

problem there is that he will also likely be highly sought after. considering where we are on the waiver list, that isn't too good.

best chance to get him is to scrounge up some cap room and make a trade for him. he might be agreeable to a price cut if he is going to a good situation with a good contract. i'm sure we could sign him to a back ended 2-3 year deal.

i thought if a player had more than 4 years experience he doesn't go threw waivers?

What do you mean? You would put Kemo and Hampton out there at the same time. Hampton is about the size of Kris Jenkins right? And we had Kemo and Jenkins start for a while.
exactly correct here. this sight would nmake beason smile for a good reason. i remember morgan's first reaction to seeing kemo and jenks in front of him. he was pretty happy about it to say the least.

Hampton is one of the elite NT's in the game, hands down. He is a 3-4 guy and I dont know if he could translate to a 4-3 through
transitioning to a 4-3 from a 3-4 isn't going to be a problem for a NT....especially if you are lining up beside another one like he would be in the future with kemo. he's still going to have essentially the same job except with more help on the line.

the transition for a DT from 4-3 to a 3-4 is a more difficult one.

i thought if a player had more than 4 years experience he doesn't go threw waivers?
good catch.

i think we might be in the clear as far as that is concerned.

problem is there will still be a good bit of competition for him.

trade is still the better option.

good catch.

i think we might be in the clear as far as that is concerned.

problem is there will still be a good bit of competition for him.

trade is still the better option.

Hmmm... and there isn't really any way we can afford to compete is there?

I hope if the Steelers don't want him we could work out a trade for him. Maybe a 4th, but that's stretching it, unless they know they're getting rid of him regardless. If we could pull off a trade, he'd have to play this year out and it would give us time to get our cap # down so we could sign him to a slightly longer extension. I would love it.

Archived