• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

cuts begin...ryne robinson among the first out the door.

rayzor

A few years ago, the Panthers made a decision to go with only 2 active QB's (Jake & Weinke) & a practice squader. I think this was due to other more pressing needs on the team vs. having a 3rd stringer holding a clipboard all season. Due to the extent of defensive needs (D-line, safety, and LB injuries right now), I wonder if this may be a consideration again this year. Do we extra defensive help or a 3rd string QB who will probably never see the playing field all season?

McCown came here as the #2 after the Panthers clearly pursued him and Moore does not qualify for the PS and appears to be #3. If the Panthers thought Moore was the 'heir to Jake', would he not be at least considered for the #2 in his final season of his contract? Just a thought as we try to figure who to keep on defense.

A few years ago, the Panthers made a decision to go with only 2 active QB's (Jake & Weinke) & a practice squader. I think this was due to other more pressing needs on the team vs. having a 3rd stringer holding a clipboard all season. Due to the extent of defensive needs (D-line, safety, and LB injuries right now), I wonder if this may be a consideration again this year. Do we extra defensive help or a 3rd string QB who will probably never see the playing field all season?

McCown came here as the #2 after the Panthers clearly pursued him and Moore does not qualify for the PS and appears to be #3. If the Panthers thought Moore was the 'heir to Jake', would he not be at least considered for the #2 in his final season of his contract? Just a thought as we try to figure who to keep on defense.

Doubt you'll see the "2 QB" thing here again. The roster as it stands now doesn't shape up as needing it, and the year they tried it before it was a disaster.

maybe they just wanted another day of practice to decide who they wanted to let go. There is still a preseason game left to play which might go a long way in deciding the final few spots. Maybe they are just trying to decide between a couple of guys they want to get one last look at before the big cuts come.

discussion on the previous page or two talked about an injury settlement as a possible reason.

pretty likely, imo.

Honestly I can't see any of the guys that are listed as injured as being absolute cuts. At least not before they get to the final roster. Maybe Birmingham or one of the guys in the secondary, but given that the two starting RB's are out and the CB's/Safties are an injury away from being meaningless, I can see the hesitation.

Jarret is not in the clear by any means, if you cant pick up the offense after 2 full years then you are never gonna. We only throw to 2 WR anyway, some decent WR will be available soon enough. Dont get me wrong I like the guys size as a WR but how long do you give him?

Archived