• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

cuts begin...ryne robinson among the first out the door.

rayzor

No

Yes

We should go injury settlement then cut both IMO but likely won't.

Excuse my ignorance (I am a noob after all) but what is an injury settlement?

I mean I kinda get the idea I think but how would it affect our cap space?

Do you suspect that Barnidge and Goodson will be use more than Jarret particularly when it comes to catching the ball and going in motion to a wide receiver position?

Errr... maybe I should just say do you think Barnidge and Goodson will be used more often in WR type roles than Jarret?

yes....though i think utilized would be a better word. i see him on the field a good bit but not utilized as much as barnidge and goodson. rosario will probably get more targets than jarrett at this point.

i'm not currently optimistic about jarret like i have been in the past few months.

at the moment i think he will fill the role of keary colbert except with less smiles and less dropped balls. mainly that guy who is out on the field running around who doesn't get covered or thrown to.

I didn't really care for picking Robinson in the draft when we did b/c we still had other needs... But, Smitty said he was the "real deal" in that first camp with him, so I had some hope. Only saw a few flashes on returns, but never was impressed with him on offense. Hope he catches on somewhere else, but I'm glad that it thins WR out so maybe we can see some more of what Beavers has to offer offensively and on ST.

I like that Beavers made it through 1st cuts, b/c it means he's got a chance. I expect to see a lot of him in the last preseason game.

I really am surprised Cadogan got cut as well. I know a lot of other teams were out to sign him after the draft, and I remember reading that we gave him a huge signing bonus and the contract was bigger overall than most undrafted guys get. He must've really stunk it up in camp.

Thanks for the responses Rayzor and d-run.

Can anyone field this one?

Guest BradThomas

Some of these guys will be cut quickly -- like Beavers, Monk, etc. Remember, they have to get through game 4 on Thursday.

Cutting Robinson now lets him possibly catch on with another team. He's had time to prove himself in the preseason already, whereas some of these other guys haven't had much playing time.

Robinson also was the highest paid WR on the bubble.

Some of these guys will be cut quickly -- like Beavers, Monk, etc. Remember, they have to get through game 4 on Thursday.

Cutting Robinson now lets him possibly catch on with another team. He's had time to prove himself in the preseason already, whereas some of these other guys haven't had much playing time.

Robinson also was the highest paid WR on the bubble.

of these guys i think monk has the least upside. they probably want to see beavers do more return work but even at that i don't expect him to have much of a shot except on the practice squad.

Injury settlements are usually a reduction of the players actual salary. It's based off their contract salary and agreed to by both parties. Whatever the settlement amount is determined to be is what's applied toward the salary cap.

I'd just like to say how happy I am to see Rosario is still on the roster. As recently as two weeks ago, huddlers were writing him off as an almost certain cut. He had a pedestrrian season last year (after the posterized moment against San Diego) and he was outshined by Barnidge in the first preseason game. I think he knew how close he was, and the past two weeks he played like his career depended on it, and probably locked down a roster spot. Just glad to see him step up under pressure

Robinson had his chance his first year in the league to make some noise on returns and generate some excitement. He failed to do it. He had another chance, and he messed up his knee. He another chance this year and he just didn't capitalize on it. There was no shortage of chances for him to prove that he could get the job done. When you're a 4th or 5th WR option, you have to do more than wait for five wide formations. You have to play special teams that low down the depth chart. We tried to make that happen for him, but it didn't work out for him.

Cadogan was the definition of useless. His footwork is just plain terrible. He needs coached up in a big way and we just don't have the time to invest in him.

For what it's worth, I think eventually we'll see Goodson returning kicks and punts. We'll have to find a way to get the ball in his hands once the game start to count and it probably will not be on offense as we'll have Stewart and Williams needing their touches.

dont we have to cut one more guy
or IR one but yeah, one more move still has to be made.

most likely a WR or a LB. my short list of cuts that might be made:

62---Gray, Keith --- C

32 --- Clark, D.J.--- CB

46--- Smith, Kelvin--- LB

48--- Heygood, Anthony--- LB

22--- Lee, Jamall--- RB

37--- Chiara, Paul--- S

38--- Fields, Joe--- S

25--- Salley, Nate--- S (wishful thinking here)

65--- Williams, Garry--- T

19--- Monk, Marcus--- WR

15--- McMahan, Kevin--- WR

18--- Chery, Jason--- WR

so whos the last one to be cut before the deadline tomorrow? Isnt there a third udfa besides lehman and ivy that we signed thats a LB?

Not to sound like a member of the tinfoil hat club, but part of me thinks that if it were just a standard camp fodder cut, it could have been done already. Still might be, but I wonder.

Delay could mean that it's someone they're taking longer to decide on (possible) that they're talking trade (not all that likely) or that there's an injury settlement in progress (the most likely of the bunch).

Archived