• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tre Boston feels FS spot is his to lose.

CelibatePimp

A lot of people forget he missed the entire offseason program. And still came in as a 4th round rookie and played lights out for the most part. I expect him to take huge steps forward after having this full offseason to work on his weaknesses and do a whole lotta learning. He showed more promise last year than I remember DeCoud showing during his Pro Bowl year in Atlanta. He should absolutely be locked in as the starter at FS for now (though they shouldn't let him know that so he has the mindset he's still gotta fight for his job). Yeah he had some head-scratchers against Seattle (both games), but that should be corrected with a full offseason to work.

Boston did very well for a rookie.

Is going to be fun to watch him.develop, with an offseason to workout, a season of experience in the system, i expect to see him to make strides.

Coleman certainly is competition, but lets not just hand the statting position off before they compete for it.

It is Boston's to lose.

Depends on what your or his definition of "his to lose" is.

I think he is the front runner because if last season . However, often when a player thinks us is his to lose, they don't think they really have to compete and earn the job...just not screw up and lose it.

Boston played well for a 4th round rookie and solid for a starter. But, his play was nowhere near the level that should entrench him as the starter.

Also, he got used by RW during the season and in the playoffs.

This is what I saw as well. Granted he was a rookie and has a lot to learn but I wouldn't be surprised if Coleman beats him out for the starting spot. I hope we draft one of the safeties from Louisville or someone that can replace Harper.

I'm not as high on Boston as a lot of people are, but given the circumstances he was in last year with not having a preseason due to hernia surgery, missing the first half of the season, then getting thrown into the starting lineup - I think he did decent enough.

Will he improve on it? That is yet to be seen. I'm not holding my breath but I'm not counting him out either. 

Depends on what your or his definition of "his to lose" is.

I think he is the front runner because if last season . However, often when a player thinks us is his to lose, they don't think they really have to compete and earn the job...just not screw up and lose it.

Boston played well for a 4th round rookie and solid for a starter. But, his play was nowhere near the level that should entrench him as the starter.

sounds like we agree then.

I jever said he was untouchable. I wouldn't claim that for any player really, cause you never know what new talent the team will aquire, that could end up unseating a starter.

sounds like we agree then.

I jever said he was untouchable. I wouldn't claim that for any player really, cause you never know what new talent the team will aquire, that could end up unseating a starter.

I did not think you thought that way.

My point was more that I hope Bodton does not think that way. He needs to come to camp hubgry and ready to earn the job.

Archived