• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tre Boston feels FS spot is his to lose.

CelibatePimp

Boston is not elite and probably won't be.  However, he played under 3 coaches at UNC and he played 3 positions in the defensive backfield.  Familiarity is one way to play faster and smarter. 

Gettlemen obviously saw more than we did because I thought this was a reach when it happened.  However, if a 4th rounder is starting, it was not a reach.

Boston did very well for a rookie.

Is going to be fun to watch him.develop, with an offseason to workout, a season of experience in the system, i expect to see him to make strides.

Coleman certainly is competition, but lets not just hand the statting position off before they compete for it.

It is Boston's to lose.

he's good, but you have to (unlike hurney) account for possible regression from one year to the next. "21 of 22 starters returning!" is a bad strategy when you use that as your excuse to not bring in competition.

Yeah exactly.

A backup plan  is always needed, as well as competition.

Boston is not elite and probably won't be.  However, he played under 3 coaches at UNC and he played 3 positions in the defensive backfield.  Familiarity is one way to play faster and smarter. 

Gettlemen obviously saw more than we did because I thought this was a reach when it happened.  However, if a 4th rounder is starting, it was not a reach.

Yep.  It's so tough to judge a player when the rest of the unit surrounding him is terrible.  The rest of that secondary was just that - terrible.  I think Boston took a lot of blame when he shouldn't have simply because he was the guy who would end up making the play, but he wasn't the guy who was the root cause of the screw up if that makes sense.

Can you point me to where anyone on this thread is asking for pro bowl level play? Poor deductive reasoning on display.

I think this was not meant to be literal as many of the comments critiquing Boston's play were a bit critical as he was a rookie coming off an injury.  Hyperbole does not always transfer well over the internet.

Archived