• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carowinds Transformed

chknwing

With the entrance change and redesigned parking lot, I wonder if they will keep the back entrance by Top Gun.

And in all this, they really should make a separate entrance to the water park so you don't have to schlep all your stuff through Carowinds.

Went to Cedar Park a few years ago, doubt I'll ever go back to Carowinds unless it's free.

now that cedar fair owns carowinds, they are starting to step up their game and spend money on some good coasters (intimidator, carolina cobra, and fury 325).

I feel like I'm missing something... I haven't been in over a decade, but that doesn't look any different to me than it used to?

EDIT:  is there more than one picture?  work may be blocking something...

EDIT2:  never mind, looked on my phone... see the second pic

The entrance and parking lot needed a face lift so badly. It hadn't changed since they had smurf island there.

Im impressed with the amount of coasters they continue to add. I went last year for the first time since around 2004 and was very surprised. My only gripe about carowinds is if you want to do a day pass it costs $60. You bring a kids and another one for a day its around $200 for three of you.

The back entrance that was mentioned earlier by top gun hasn't been open in some time now. They blocked it off last time I was there.

When I was a teen I'd buy a ticket then exit the park and get my hand stamped with my friends hiding behind the corner. Before the stamp dried I was able to stamp a couple friends' hands. Then we walked to the other entrance and went right in. I did that for like 3 summers in a row and it never failed.

They probably have bracelets now or something more secure.

This thread got me reminiscing about the good ol' days at Carowinds as a kid. I found this site with a bunch of facts/pics about the park and rides in the 70's-80's when my family frequented the park: http://carowindsearlyyears.com/enterearlyyears.html. I went to Scarowinds once about 10 years ago, but haven't been to the regular park in about 20. 

Archived