• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg Jennings AKA the guy that got Antoine Cason released

Jeremy Igo

That, or those guys will start to be a lot older :unsure:

Edit: Actually, it occurs to me that if Dave Gettleman does his job well enough, maybe that first issue could cease to be a problem as well.

Maybe Ron is trying to coax the better players to try harder? If they tried as hard as a guy with less talent they would easily be viewed as "better"? Right?

Maybe Ron is trying to coax the better players to try harder? If they tried as hard as a guy with less talent they would easily be viewed as "better"? Right?

Ron's a very good motivator and he inspires loyalty in players. The guys he coaches would absolutely go to war for him.

Some of them just aren't good enough soldiers.

Antoine Cason was released from the Panthers (along with Jason Williams) the Tuesday after the Panthers-Vikings game. 

I suspect this play by  WR Greg Jennings (now in talks with the Panthers) may have had something to do with it. 

<script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

I apologize in advance for the quality of the video.

Stick to photographs 'cause you suck at video.  Ha!

Cason ended up becoming such a doormat. I didn't think he was going to dazzle people by any means, but I expected us to get value out of him, and I thought he would fit in our system well. He even had a decent showing the first two games in 2014 I believe. And then he just got continuously exploited every week.

That is the million-dollar question.  

DeCoud too.  Heck, most of the OL--Silatolu, Chandler, Bell---our entire OL was sucking and we kept suiting people up and sending them in to fail.  I realize one might say that we had few choices, but Remmers proves that theory wrong.

Well let's list the problems to open the season:

1. No return man.

2. OT gone wrong with Bell and Chandler.

3. OG issue with Kugbila and Silatolu

4. Antoine Cason starting. Best possible option to start the season.

5. Thomas Decoud starting. Best possible option to start the season.

6. Signing a bunch of #3 WRs in free agency. Most were cut.

7. No DE depth. Charles Johnson played the first half of the season recovering from injury. We knew what would possibly happen with Hardy before the season started. Frank Alexander cannot be trusted to be available. The top 3 DEs could not be counted on and there was no back up plan.

8. Throwing a rookie WR into the #1 role to start the season. The only NFL team to do this.

9. Not having a #2 WR. The only NFL team to do this.

10. Cam Newton recovering while getting pummeled from a non existent OL to start the season.

11. Had key rookies in Trai Turner, Tre Boston, Bene Benwikere, and Kelvin Benjamin who had to study up on the systems and heal up before they could be relied upon.

12. Only netted 5 draft picks in the draft while the championship caliber teams grab 9 to 12 draft picks for the year. This has negative effects on short term depth and long term draft picks.

13. Keeping Shula as OC.

14. Conservative coaching. Coaching not to lose.

While I blame Rivera for the last two issues on the list, the bulk of the blame goes to the GM. Let's hope we do not have an offseason debacle like we did last year that will lead to hoping your division plays like garbage to get into the playoffs. The handling of personnel to set up the start of the season may have been among the worst of all the NFL teams to start the 2014 season. Luckily the coaches got the rookies coached up soon enough to squeak out the division with a 7-8-1 record.

Archived