• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Falcons blog: Julio Jones to get 6 yr / $110 million with $50 million guaranteed?

gettlemanjack

I really think that these players will demand such outrageous contracts that teams will just let all their stud draft picks walk once their rookie deals are up. I wouldn't be suprised to see us and Gettleman taking this approach. Ofcourse for this strategy to work you have to draft studs year in and year out. Draft these guys, let them ball out their 4-5 seasons on their rookie contract, hopefully make a SB run in that time and once their contracts are up just let them walk and let another team break the bank for them, then keep reloading through the draft.

Now ofcourse under a GM like Hurney and his abysmal draft record past the 1st round this strategy would be an awful plan. If Gman keeps hitting it out of the park like he has, I could see us taking this approach.

I really think that these players will demand such outrageous contracts that teams will just let all their stud draft picks walk once their rookie deals are up. I wouldn't be suprised to see us and Gettleman taking this approach. Ofcourse for this strategy to work you have to draft studs year in and year out. Draft these guys, let them ball out their 4-5 seasons on their rookie contract, hopefully make a SB run in that time and once their contracts are up just let them walk and let another team break the bank for them, then keep reloading through the draft.

Now ofcourse under a GM like Hurney and his abysmal draft record past the 1st round this strategy would be an awful plan. If Gman keeps hitting it out of the park like he has, I could see us taking this approach.

I am not understanding. If you were running the Texans you would let JJ Watt go and then draft a new defensive MVP?

I am not understanding. If you were running the Texans you would let JJ Watt go and then draft a new defensive MVP?

No because hes the only true stud on that team. With us being so lucky in landimg all stars in the 1st round the last few years, there is only so much money to go around. KB, Cam, Star, Luke.. How do you afford players of that caliber and keep all of them

No because hes the only true stud on that team. With us being so lucky in landimg all stars in the 1st round the last few years, there is only so much money to go around. KB, Cam, Star, Luke.. How do you afford players of that caliber and keep all of them

easy, cam is going to retire early so you can afford to pay everyone a little more. 

But that contradicts your post about getting rid of studs that suddenly become too expensive.

If that is the case, Atlanta thinks Jones is a comparable stud to Watts and is going to break the bank to keep him.

And btw, you have to spend the money at some point. The CBA mandates it. You are not going to be filling your team with a bunch of rookies, 2nd year, and 3rd year players. The money has to be spent. Might as well spend it on your studs.

Archived