• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Keep this roster

neworleans

Any brilliant minds out there?

How would you convince the whole Panther roster to put the chance to be part of a dynasty above the lure of higher salaries, salaries higher than the incredibly high ones they get already? Each year the organization buys a set of players and tells the rabid fans: "This is now the team you die for". How would it be instead to know that this is the Panther team for quite a while? It seems that this bunch has such togetherness that they might go for it.

They give me chills

I love this team...even when we were 0-0...you could sense something special...it's been a great year...keep it up Panthers!!

Just think...keeping Smash and Dash, T Davis/Beason, Gamble/Marshall, Harris/Godfrey, Peppers and that Oline...so young...(besides pep)

just keep the same plan, and fill in the holes...they'd be something to be reckon w/ for years to come

Why would a Saints homer start a thread like this?

Because I followed the Cajun QB when he was a Saint clipboard carrier, and followed him away when he was recognized elsewhere. In 2003 I was in Breaux Bridge when Panther fans detoured from I-10 on the way to Houston superbowl, and clustered in both blocks of downtown Breaux Bridge.

From the responses, I can't see that I made my point clear. It seems that some are willing to buy more players to fill in gaps, where my point is to accept the team and get the team to accept the city and play up to their inspiration.

I don't feel like going overboard on what the owners have bought for me lately.

Because I followed the Cajun QB when he was a Saint clipboard carrier, and followed him away when he was recognized elsewhere. In 2003 I was in Breaux Bridge when Panther fans detoured from I-10 on the way to Houston superbowl, and clustered in both blocks of downtown Breaux Bridge.

From the responses, I can't see that I made my point clear. It seems that some are willing to buy more players to fill in gaps, where my point is to accept the team and get the team to accept the city and play up to their inspiration.

I don't feel like going overboard on what the owners have bought for me lately.

I understand the question, its just a tough one. I think every organization is looking for that answer and some have found it (ie. Pats, some Eagles, some Colts).

My best guess is you need a mixture of:

1) winning culture

2) likeable teammates

3) strong fanbase

4) likeable staff

5) good location

and then hopefully the chips fall where they may. I think Car is getting close to all those. :D

Real Estate.

I honestly think we might not see a lot of free agents move teams this offseason because of the real estate problems right now. I don't care what kind of money you make, your home is one of the biggest investments in your portfolio. And the homes these players have you just don't rent out until the market comes back.

So, you think Peppers and Gross will buy that?

Archived