• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Medellin's Mock 1.0 (Rounds 1-4)

MedellinHeel

If he gets drafted in the first how can you argue with any merit that he isn't a first round talent? What if Gettleman drafts him at 25? Does he still not have a first round grade then?

he can't argue that. 

i assume he thinks he knows more than paid nfl scouts and gm's

smh

I could see Humphries if he falls to 25. Lots of people calling that a natural fit since he's a hometown player. Might not be there at 25 though. One player I think a lot of people are overlooking in the 2nd is LB Eric Kendricks. The Panthers shocked everyone by taking DE Kony Ealy in the 2nd round last year after despite having no need at the position at the time. Now the move looks brilliant with Hardy out the door. Thomas Davis won't be around too much longer and grabbing the promising Kendricks would be a solid move in the 2nd.

I see this type of strategy playing out too but in the first round with either Gurley or Shaq Thompson while snagging an o line prospect like Ogbeuhi or Fisher in the second.

What makes him a 2-3 round prospect? Because you say he is? Every single guy paid to evaluate these kids has him going in the first round. He may have started as a 2-3 guy very early in the process, but he's shot up draft boards every since and had a very good combine performance. He isn't a finished and needs to be coached up, but the same can be said for every prospect there at 25. Humphries is on my list of 5 players I'd be ecstatic to select in the first.

To be fair, a lot of those same paid experts put Morgan Moses and Cyrus Kouandjio in the first round last year too.

Archived