• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Medellin's Mock 1.0 (Rounds 1-4)

MedellinHeel

Love this time of year. 

Round 1: OT DJ Humphries Florida

humphries-draft-640.jpg

One of the more nimble athletic T's in the draft. Not polished yet, but has a alot of upside. 

Round 2: WR Nelson Agholor University of Southern California

77753414.jpg

Would be a nice addition and make for a nice young nucleus of WR's. 

Round 3: S Anthony Harris Virginia

6_3449276.jpg

This guy is a ball hack. Led the NCAA two years ago in picks. 

Round 4: OT Lawrence Gibson Virgina Tech

6_3159033.jpg

Double dip. 

That's nice and all but DJ is a 2-3 round prospect. Drafting him 25th overall would be reaching.

You even keep up with draft news and rumblings?

Lol at DJ being a 2-3 round prospect. He is widely regarded as one of the few true LT prospects in the draft. 

He is probably be gone by the time we pick in the 1st. 

That's nice and all but DJ is a 2-3 round prospect. Drafting him 25th overall would be reaching.

What makes him a 2-3 round prospect? Because you say he is? Every single guy paid to evaluate these kids has him going in the first round. He may have started as a 2-3 guy very early in the process, but he's shot up draft boards every since and had a very good combine performance. He isn't a finished and needs to be coached up, but the same can be said for every prospect there at 25. Humphries is on my list of 5 players I'd be ecstatic to select in the first.

Yeah, um, no.

DJ is a raw, unfinished prospect who has been injury-prone the last two years.

Rumblings are just that.

You know how many raw players get drafted in the first every year? Every college prospect is unfinished to one extent or another. He's more inconsistent than anything but his natural ability make him a first round talent. So, tell me, who is there at 25 that is a finished product, is polished, and is a first round prospect?

I could see Humphries if he falls to 25.  Lots of people calling that a natural fit since he's a hometown player.  Might not be there at 25 though.  One player I think a lot of people are overlooking in the 2nd is LB Eric Kendricks.  The Panthers shocked everyone by taking DE Kony Ealy in the 2nd round last year after despite having no need at the position at the time.  Now the move looks brilliant with Hardy out the door.  Thomas Davis won't be around too much longer and grabbing the promising Kendricks would be a solid move in the 2nd.

I could see Humphries if he falls to 25.  Lots of people calling that a natural fit since he's a hometown player.  Might not be there at 25 though.  One player I think a lot of people are overlooking in the 2nd is LB Eric Kendricks.  The Panthers shocked everyone by taking DE Kony Ealy in the 2nd round last year after despite having no need at the position at the time.  Now the move looks brilliant with Hardy out the door.  Thomas Davis won't be around too much longer and grabbing the promising Kendricks would be a solid move in the 2nd.

yea would not be mad with kendricks at all. 

Cue the "game is not played in underwear" soundbite.

I've seen nothing that suddenly indicates Humphries as a first round selection outside his combine performance. Prior to his workouts, DJ was viewed as a second day prospect. Sorry but I'm not a prisoner of the moment.

Then you haven't watched him very closely. Every flaw in his game is coachable. He has a high motor, plays nasty and through the whistle, possesses elite athleticism for the position, and flashed some dominance in his play. Like I said, consistency is his biggest knock and that comes from inconsistent technique.

Let's hear your selection at 25 that's free of any holes in his game.

Archived