• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Goodson vs. Jonathan Stewart

top dawg

Goodson looks like a decent option......Stewart is a bad mother<shut your mouth>. Stewart > Goodson when healthy. I don't want Goodson taking rushing touches away from either of our two RBs when they are healthy.

Goodson has shown enough potential that if a trade for Stewart and a stud DT did come down the wire, they would at least look at it.

As well they should. I would absolutely hate to see Stewart go, but if we could trade him for a defensive tackle who is as skilled at his position as Stewart is, then I think it should be considered.

Again, I would hate to see him go, but Goodson seems like he could be a decent No. 2 back.

offensively he is what is going to put us over the top. he won't be used often, imo, but when he is big things will happen.

of course he could be used pretty heavily throughout the game...just rotate out the three.

defenses are going to get pretty worn out dealing with these three.

fox will go with the hot hand and all three will be given shots. williams first, stewart second, and goodson third. whoever gets the best results will see the most carries.

i don't see this as pushing one guy out. it's more that the team that ran it super effectively down everyone's throats last year is going to run it even more.

last year the ravens ran the ball 592 times i think. i would like to see us hit 600 next year. with these three we could do some real damage.

Can Davidson stay content to run the ball that many times? And will Jake let him? I hope for the sake of the team Jake and Smith will let them run the ball all year. But when I think about the Arizona game, I wonder, did Jake think he saw something in the D and say let me throw it?

I think Davidson, Smitty, and Jake will all want to do what gives the team the best shot of winning. Doing otherwise is foolish and I doubt that they are going to be fools.

The Foolish Davidson showed up agaisnt Arizona, what's to say it won't happen again.

Can Davidson stay content to run the ball that many times? And will Jake let him? I hope for the sake of the team Jake and Smith will let them run the ball all year. But when I think about the Arizona game, I wonder, did Jake think he saw something in the D and say let me throw it?
if it gets us wins, yeah, i can see him being content to run it that many times. the challenge for him is what can he do to pull defenders out of the box and how he can mix it up so that the defenses never know what the RB is going to do with it.

i like the idea of defenses knowing that we are going to be getting the ball to the running back and there isn't a thing that they can do to stop it. with moore and moose back there with smith plus using the TEs, there are lots of possibilities for pulling defenders out and opening up the running game.

offensively he is what is going to put us over the top. he won't be used often, imo, but when he is big things will happen.

of course he could be used pretty heavily throughout the game...just rotate out the three.

defenses are going to get pretty worn out dealing with these three.

fox will go with the hot hand and all three will be given shots. williams first, stewart second, and goodson third. whoever gets the best results will see the most carries.

i don't see this as pushing one guy out. it's more that the team that ran it super effectively down everyone's throats last year is going to run it even more.

last year the ravens ran the ball 592 times i think. i would like to see us hit 600 next year. with these three we could do some real damage.

Thats definitely an possibility but we have to get better at sustaining drives. One thing that kind of went unnoticed is the offense's poor 3rd down performance the other night. We will have to sustain drives and keep the chains moving to have more rushing attempts.

Thats definitely an possibility but we have to get better at sustaining drives. One thing that kind of went unnoticed is the offense's poor 3rd down performance the other night. We will have to sustain drives and keep the chains moving to have more rushing attempts.

Stopping the penalties will help here.

with a healthy williams and/or stewart there would have been more substitutions made on those drives.

i was pretty troubled by our inability to convert those. i'm not sure what the problem was other than the ravens D being the daddy.

Goodson has shown enough potential that if a trade for Stewart and a stud DT did come down the wire, they would at least look at it.

I need to look it up, but I am not sure that there is a team out there with a top 15 talent DT that they are willing to give up for a RB.

I think that Stewart is badass, and it would bother me to see a 10 TD performer leave, but damn we certainly need some help in the middle.

My guess, Stew is here for the long haul.

Archived