• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Well, you know people.

top dawg

Some of y'all lambasted me for asking if it was time to lower expectations a little bit last week. How does another week make you feel?

Now before you get started all over again, let me say that I love the Panthers, and I am not giving up on the hope of a successful season. I am just in the process of doing some mental gymnastics in order to define what a successful season will be.

Before this pre-season, I really thought that we may have a chance to at least equal the record of last year, but now I am not so sure...not so sure. Actually I think that it may be delusional after seeing the defensive break downs over the last few games. I thought that our biggest question mark would be our run defense, now I am having maybe even a bigger question mark about the secondary. I am somewhat shocked that a normally solid Gamble is looking like a gamble in the backfield. As hard as it is for me to say this, I am reminiscing about the days of Ricky Manning Jr.

One thing is that we still haven't seen all of our defensive starters in action as a unit, and I really believe that we do have the capability on offense to put some serious points on the board (and, in a relatively short amount of time), provided that Fox doesn't go John Fox on us. I am encouraged to see the use of draw plays, passes to the backs and TEs as more than just an afterthought, and another prospect in Moore as a solid WR3.

Whatever happens, I am sitting back and getting ready for an interesting ride. As long as we don't end up below .500, and maybe even have a chance at the playoffs, I think that I'll be happy. We'll see.

Archived