• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bye Bye SlingTV

Jeremy Igo

• 7 months later...

Bump... Anyone have any further input into Sling TV?

We've had it for about 3 months now, and are debating renewing or not. Basically, we missed (live anyways) a couple episodes of FTWD and one and a half of TWD on AMC because the app couldn't load it or decided to drop it in the middle of the episode. Also, MNF was kind of sketchy at times.

Other than the AMC and ESPN stuff, we don't really use it enough to justify keeping it, I guess... especially if they don't improve their server capabilities.

On the other hand, I hate to get rid of it and find out they are on the verge of significant progress.

Just curious as to everyone else's experiences so far, if you kept it or not, etc.

1 minute ago, Panthro said:

Yeah I have had issues watching live sports and it loading. My phones buzzes that Rivers threw a TD and 5 minutes later I am watching it on Sling

I always knew about there being a slight delay, but haven't worried about that too much. It just sucks to get pumped for a show like The Walking Dead on a Sunday night and changing the channel to find a black screen that says "loading" and not being able to get it to work until you're like 15 minutes into the show.

I dunno. I wrote Sling TV customer service today to see what they would do/offer. At the very least, maybe they will extend me a month for no cost or something.

It is only $20 a month I guess. But still, if you pay for something you want it to work, lol.

Just now, Bronn said:

What device do you use, and what is your download/upload rate supposed to be from your ISP? If you don't mind my asking...

I use a FireTV with a wired connection to the router and 50down/5up cable internet

5 minutes ago, Bronn said:

I always knew about there being a slight delay, but haven't worried about that too much. It just sucks to get pumped for a show like The Walking Dead on a Sunday night and changing the channel to find a black screen that says "loading" and not being able to get it to work until you're like 15 minutes into the show.

I dunno. I wrote Sling TV customer service today to see what they would do/offer. At the very least, maybe they will extend me a month for no cost or something.

It is only $20 a month I guess. But still, if you pay for something you want it to work, lol.

I ran into that and rebooted my router and modem and it seemed to work. 

I had issues with my ISP and HBO Now which was weird for a while. I think TWC got all sandy vag because of some sort of deals. I ran it off my verizon hub and then it worked fine. 

For $20 a month my wife gets to watch HDTV which is fine with me. 

We're using TWC internet that is supposed to be 200/20 now, and it is wired directly into a Roku 3. Sometimes I suspect that some of my issues are Roku issues, but I also sometimes think that TWC is somehow filtering signals of streaming apps or something because I don't subscribe to their cable, lol. Paranoia I guess.

On the 200/20 thing, though... I only get about 60 Mbps over the wireless connection, which I guess is really good considering a month ago it was only about 17-21.

I really don't think my network is the issue, though. I think it is a Sling TV server thing or a Roku thing.

I've had SlingTV since its inception and rarely have any problems. I use a Roku Stick to stream.

ESPN freezes up every now and then, but only during commercial breaks. I just hit my remote and it reloads.

I only have Sling for sports. I watch MNF and some college games on the weekends. It's worth $20 a month for that to me.

On 3/16/2015, 8:52:58, clark kent said:
On 3/16/2015, 8:49:42, Zaximus said:

Yeah it was bound to happen but they should get through it. This happened during the first PPV on WWE Network lol. Takes some time because media/game companies never buy enough servers and just plug them in as they go. This will also happen with HBO NOW on the Sunday Game of Thrones comes back, I promsie you.

wwe network still doesn't work for me

WWE network has ran flawless for me outside of the first couple they aired.  I have buffer issues every now and then, but that is just due to my router being across the house and interference through the old walls.  I have used it on a PS3 and Roku3.

Archived