• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers 3 Round Mock - Mid March Edition

Jeremy Igo

That would be a great draft group, but I really think Gett will go for one of his Hog Mollies in the first round if one of the top tier candidates is still around. I've just got to believe the O-line is a bigger concern than our receiving corps at this time.

And I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he snagged a RB in the first round, especially if somehow Melvin Gordon is still on the table. A lot of the projections this year have him going in the mid-teens, but with the devaluation of the RB position, he could be skipped over. 

You guys act like it's impossible for Fisher to be there for us in the second. Let me remind you of the tackles that are in this year's draft. 

-Peat

-Scherrf 

-Flowers

-Erving

-Clemmings

-Collins

-Humphries 

All of these guys could get taken before Fisher. This class is very deep at tackle and there are others who are solid like Ogbuehi and Thompson who I didn't even mention. This is a very good draft class for our needs. We need to take a WR and OT with our first two picks and we will be on our way. 

That's what everyone keeps saying, but I'm not buying it.  They said the same thing last year.  After watching the OL drills at the combine, the only two who stood out to me in a positive way were Collins and Fisher.  The rest looked stiff and relatively unathletic.

Don't even have to click it, it's the picture of him visiting the Eagles? And since he's from philly it makes too much sense. But stranger poo has happened

Yes. He really wants to play for the Eagles, and they're in the market for a receiver like him. 

Yes, if strong is there I can see that. His value at that pick is higher than the tackles would be. Both a big position of need, imo.

Strong would be a good pick but one of the top 5 tackles should fall to us and that would be BPA IMO.

Flowers > Strong

La'ell Collins > Strong

Clemmings > Strong

That's what everyone keeps saying, but I'm not buying it.  They said the same thing last year.  After watching the OL drills at the combine, the only two who stood out to me in a positive way were Collins and Fisher.  The rest looked stiff and relatively unathletic.

Who in the hell said that last year?? That class was so weak at tackle, and a lot of people knew that. You can't compare that class with this class at all. If you don't think Peat and Scherrf are elite prospects then idk what to tell you. 

I don't know how much stock I put in WalterFootball's Mock Drafts.. but for some reason I look at them every year.  FWIW, this is how he sees the Panthers draft going...

Round 1: Andrus Peat (OT) Stanford

Round 2: Nelson Agholor (WR) USC

Round 3: Duke Johnson (RB) Miami

Round 4: Daryl Williams (OT) Oklahoma

Round 5: Taiwan Jones (LB) Michigan State

Archived