• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers 3 Round Mock - Mid March Edition

Jeremy Igo

Maybe he can pick up am offense, maybe he can't. We don't know. He sure did come off the field a lot at OSU. He was almost exclusively used as a deep threat.

4.44 isn't lack of speed in the least.

It isn't a lack of timed speed. It's field speed that concerns me. He struggles to gain separation. 

Good point as far as I'm concerned. That's why I always talked about adding Denarius Moore, because that would free us up to draft a WR like Strong who may be everything that we want and need in a receiver, except the speed. The only fast guys that will be left in the draft (other than those that are gone of course) are not worthy of a first round draft pick because they have too many other questions. The only other receiver that I can think of that is kind of complete with good speed that will be available other than perhaps Breshad Perriman will probably be Nelson Agholor. I don't know if he will work himself up squarely into the first round or not, but Nelson Agholor may just turn out to be the best of the bunch (our bunch, not above Kevin White, but who knows...).

I think this is the first time we've ever agreed on something. Good Feels!

I haven't really checked outset of the receivers from this draft other than some of the games I've watched and what yall have shown me. I just can't see using that first pick on a WR becaise we just did that and in 4 or 5 years, we are gonna be looking at re-signing or retaining the heart of our receiving corp, who both just happen to be first rounders and the cash that they are going to demand...which is gonna be a premium.

Im in agreeable about bringing in a WR without designating him as a 1 or 2. he just has to be able to get separation and YAC. When our receivers are getting no YAC it means they're getting hammered as soon as they catch it and that's how we get injuries and those pop-up interceptions that have plagued us for a while.

I'm even ok with trading a 4th or 5th for a player that does the things we need him to do, right now. that would really be a smart move in my opinion.

if there's a WR BPA at one of our picks then we add that too if we choose. but I am of the opinion that we were a LT, CB, S, return WR and a healthy Cam from being a te that could compete with The Hawks and Packers.

well, we have a LT...not sure if he is our starter or not but we have one. we have our return man that hopefully is ready to show the world why he was drafted in the first round. so....that means we are needing a solid safety, a solid corner and last but not least,...a dominant WR that can gain yards and score from in or outside of the red zone like that's what he was born to do.

I doubt a rookie LT is going to be ready for a super bowl game, regardless of how talented he is coming out of college, and if the FO doesn't like the prospects available, don't draft one until one becomes BPA.

This is where I pray that Shaq Thompson falls into our lap. i do this because he has experience in coverage and I think it's time that Luke and TD got to wreak havoc across the line of scrimmage and lock down the corners and not have to worry about some big hulking metal head tromping through the middle of our defense dragging the red and everything else with him. Let Shaq and Roman (if he hasn't been upgraded,) handle those crossing assignments. but if Luke and TD are doing what I think they'll be doing...the QB is going to be running for his life and its gonna take every kind of blocking running backs they have just to keep their guy alive and I don't see them being able to set up screens with much success, so basically what we had to go through this past year.

I'm gonna leave it here for a minute...the lady is getting lonely

You guys act like it's impossible for Fisher to be there for us in the second. Let me remind you of the tackles that are in this year's draft. 

-Peat

-Scherrf 

-Flowers

-Erving

-Clemmings

-Collins

-Humphries 

All of these guys could get taken before Fisher. This class is very deep at tackle and there are others who are solid like Ogbuehi and Thompson who I didn't even mention. This is a very good draft class for our needs. We need to take a WR and OT with our first two picks and we will be on our way. 

Archived