• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers 3 Round Mock - Mid March Edition

Jeremy Igo

Now this I can get behind.  I'd take Jaelen Strong over anyone else who is likely to be available at #25 and Fisher may be my favorite OT in this draft.  Not in love with the idea of drafting another slow timed CB though.  The secondary needs an injection of speed almost as badly as the WR corps.

Strong is my first choice for sure, another sleeper I could see us taking is Kevin Johnson, move Bene to the slot and have Norman/Johnson as no 1/no2 CBs, Johnsons is a ball hawk and solid in the run game. I wouldnt be shocked at all if we picked him

If you look at all the teams picking before us, none really stand out as teams with HUGE needs at WR, Chiefs but they got Maclin. Dolphins just got Stills, Browns are about to ink Bowe, Ofcourse the top guys like White and Cooper will be long gone but I could definatley see Strong still being there at 25

I'm cool with it, though Devin Smith is my preference at WR.

In my opinion, Smith is not as complete of a receiver, and I doubt that he goes in the first round.  Sure, he'd add much needed speed, but he isn't nearly physical enough and is more of a one-trick pony. Like he kept saying at the Combine in their little free style interview about what he'll bring to the table (paraphrasing, now), "I'm fast!"

Don't see Fisher there at 57, hell he may be gone by 25. Strong is my number one reasonable target, but I'm worried he may be gone as well.

Strong will most likely ne there. Every single draft I have seen has him still avaliable at 25, grant it mock drafts arent 100% inaccurate but you can use them as a good indicator if a guy will be there when we pick, for instance if he was mocked a top 15 pick in every mock draft, then reading the tea leaves means he is most likely gone..

If you look at all the teams picking ahead of us, none really scream or stand out that WR is a huge need. So i think we will have a good choice of WRs

In my opinion, Smith is not as complete of a receiver, and I doubt that he goes in the first round.  Sure, he'd add much needed speed, but he isn't nearly physical enough and is more of a one-trick pony. Like he kept saying at the Combine in their little free style interview about what he'll bring to the table (paraphrasing, now), "I'm fast!"

Agreed.  He's a bit of a one trick pony right now, but it's a helluva trick.  Wouldn't take him in the 1st, but I'd be very intrigued in the 2nd.

In my opinion, Smith is not as complete of a receiver, and I doubt that he goes in the first round. Sure, he'd add much needed speed, but he isn't nearly physical enough and is more of a one-trick pony. Like he kept saying at the Combine in their little free style interview about what he'll bring to the table (paraphrasing, now), "I'm fast!"

This!

We've already got our "fast" guy with Ginn.

I want a Legit #2 (or could be 1b with the depth this year with guys in the 1st). Strong has the best hands in the draft (the combine guys were comparing his hands and concentration to Fitzgerald). He just happens to be in a draft with 2-3 guys who are being hyped as top of the line can't miss guys. Heck some said this time last year that Cooper would've been the top WR in that class had he been able to come out, and we saw how deep that class was. Now he's competing for that top WR spot with White.

In my opinion, Smith is not as complete of a receiver, and I doubt that he goes in the first round. Sure, he'd add much needed speed, but he isn't nearly physical enough and is more of a one-trick pony. Like he kept saying at the Combine in their little free style interview about what he'll bring to the table (paraphrasing, now), "I'm fast!"

I completely agree. You don't go after a guy in the first only because he is a deep threat.

Could he develop? Sure, but that will take time. DG is gonna go for the guy that can be the #2 opening day.

This!

We've already got our "fast" guy with Ginn.

I want a Legit #2 (or could be 1b with the depth this year with guys in the 1st). Strong has the best hands in the draft (the combine guys were comparing his hands and concentration to Fitzgerald). He just happens to be in a draft with 2-3 guys who are being hyped as top of the line can't miss guys. Heck some said this time last year that Cooper would've been the top WR in that class had he been able to come out, and we saw how deep that class was. Now he's competing for that top WR spot with White.

Yeah, Ginn is a fast guy, but he can't track and attack the ball in the air like Devin Smith can. As a pure deep threat, he's about has good of a guybas I've seen at the college level. He just has a lot of work to do to become a well rounded WR.

Strong will most likely ne there. Every single draft I have seen has him still avaliable at 25, grant it mock drafts arent 100% inaccurate but you can use them as a good indicator if a guy will be there when we pick, for instance if he was mocked a top 15 pick in every mock draft, then reading the tea leaves means he is most likely gone..

If you look at all the teams picking ahead of us, none really scream or stand out that WR is a huge need. So i think we will have a good choice of WRs

Please stop talking about mock drafts as if they actually matter. They don't. They should come with a "for entertainment purposes only" disclaimer.

Archived