• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers 3 Round Mock - Mid March Edition

Jeremy Igo

Now that free agency has started and major moves have been made around the league, it is time to revise my Carolina Panthers Mock Draft Rounds 1-3. The Panthers have addressed tight end and returner in free agency, so my picks have changed to reflect that.

Round 1

Jaelen Strong - WR - Arizona ST

With all the free agent wide receiver moves around the league, I see less of a demand in the first round for receivers. This may allow Jaelen Strong to fall to the Panthers if he can get by Philadelphia. At 6'2 and 215lbs, strong will remind many Carolina Panthers fans of a guy named Moose.

Like Moose, Strong would fill the number two possession receiver role immediately. He isn't the fastest guy in the draft, but that won't matter. Strong is a football player, uses his hands well against the press and gets open. His 42 inch vertical at the combine was among the best at his position. Can also play the slot if needed.

The combination of Benjamin/Strong would set Cam Newton up for continued success for years to come.

strong.0.gif

Round 2

Jake Fisher - OT - Oregon

Yes, the Panthers signed OT Michael Oher, but I don't believe there is any chance they go into the 2015 season with Oher as the only option at left tackle. Fisher's stock is on the rise since the combine, the Panthers may need to trade up a bit to get him, but it would be worth it.

Fisher isn't the physical stud that the first round tackles are, but he is a true football player. The Ducks offensive line performance decreased drastically without Fisher in the lineup. Throw in the fact that he is accustomed to protecting a mobile QB, and this is a no brainer for the Panthers.

Round 3

Jacoby Glenn - CB - UCF

With the addition of Glenn the Panthers shore up their corner position for many years to come. Getting Norman, Glenn, and Benwikere on the field together in a nickel package would be a complete nightmare for the NFC South quarterbacks.

Like Norman and Benwikere, Glenn is a ball hawk (7 interceptions in 2014 ). At 6'0 he has the size to compete against the taller receivers in the league. Throw in passion and football smarts and it becomes clear that this kid has a future in this league.

WNfptYq.gif

3kk5zdH.gif

Love Love this mock!

Like the comparison to Moose. Big Physical athlete not a burner but can still beat you deep.

The biggest thing that stands out to me with strong is his hands . Which is Huge as #2 beside Benjamin.

His hands are vice grips and no corner out there is going to rip the ball away from him. Anything that hits his hands he hauls in. He had ZERO drops at his whole pro day. He also has a nitch for making big plays.

http://youtu.be/pmydnz2fi8k

Archived