• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My 2 Little Cents

Sultan33g

Number 1: Life is not over, there is nothing you can do about what is going on in the preseason, but lets relax, take a deep breath and count backwards from 5 (if you can)

Number 2: I understand how people think about the defense and I totally agree, but this is the first year of this installed defense so take a deep breath and count backwards from 4 (if you can)

Number 3: We have alot of our main playmakers sitting out until the regular season so lets wait and see before we go off the deep end; Oh and take a deep breath and count backwards from 3 ( if you can)

Number 4: The Dt situation doesnt look good but we might trade for or sign a couple of good replacements so take a deep breath and count backwards from 2 (if you can)

Number 5: Jake Delhomme is our quarterback, he is shoddy at times but he is improving and honestly the options behind him are pretty grim including Matt Moore (most of the huddle's savior) so lets wait till the regular season before we jump off the deep end.

Take one more deep breath and count backwards from 1 (Idiots)

Number 1: Life is not over, there is nothing you can do about what is going on in the preseason, but lets relax, take a deep breath and count backwards from 5 (if you can)

Number 2: I understand how people think about the defense and I totally agree, but this is the first year of this installed defense so take a deep breath and count backwards from 4 (if you can)Number 3: We have alot of our main playmakers sitting out until the regular season so lets wait and see before we go off the deep end; Oh and take a deep breath and count backwards from 3 ( if you can)

Number 4: The Dt situation doesn't look good but we might trade for or sign a couple of good replacements so take a deep breath and count backwards from 2 (if you can)

Number 5: Jake Delhomme is our quarterback, he is shoddy at times but he is improving and honestly the options behind him are pretty grim including Matt Moore (most of the huddle's savior) so lets wait till the regular season before we jump off the deep end.

Take one more deep breath and count backwards from 1 (Idiots)

Seriously what are they doing different then last year? What have they changed from the D they were running before?

Seriously what are they doing different then last year? What have they changed from the D they were running before?

I honestly have no clue ...i guess forgetting to tackle and playing off an extra yard is part of the new scheme...im just sick of all the freakin doom and gloom threads..but if u guys think this is a worthless thread then lock it for all i care

I honestly have no clue ...i guess forgetting to tackle and playing off an extra yard is part of the new scheme...im just sick of all the freakin doom and gloom threads..but if u guys think this is a worthless thread then lock it for all i care

Now I'm not a doom and gloom guy but realistically, I can't agree with the kool aid guys either. "Theirs nothing too see here" , "It's only Preseason" works when your 2nd team is f'n up not your 1st team. Now I still think we have too much talent too have a bad season. Plus the running game on offense is great. But they have alot work too do on Def. Not just trying too find player too play a weak position for us but also having too change philosophy. I'm sorry but Fox (while being a great coach) has not shown the willingness too change or adapt during a game or a season.

The gloom and doom thing around here is really starting to piss me off. You have got to have some faith in the franchise. Its preseason, and yes our team has issues every team does. But just because Peppers doesn't register 6 sacks a game, Jake doesn't go 32/32 340 yds passing, we don't go 16-0 and win the superbowl every f**kin year doesn't mean we all have to poo and piss ourselves crying why we did or didn't make certain moves in the offseason. poo happens guys and if you don't think Fox and Hurney are doing whatever they can to improve this team than you are not a panthers fan. Sometimes you have to roll with the punches and believe.

We have good players on this team, we have a good coach and a great GM I have faith that the issues will be worked out. No one could have anticipated Kemo getting hurt. And yes I know that DT was an issue before hand but I am positive that they were banking on getting a DT before Kemo's injury and now it is an emergency. We will get help they are not that blind. Either they get some one or the gameplan will change.

And let me just say that I am not a big fan of everything Fox does, things could be better. Our D could be more aggressive, Jake could play smarter, we could implement the TE and 3WR in the offense more. But you know what? For all that soft ass scheme, and conservative offense, we managed to get 12 wins out of it. You can say we won that all on player talent, but don't take away all the credit from the coaches.

And all indications show we are making some of those changes, especially more use of our TE's.

Archived