• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Wallace traded to the Vikings for a 5th round pick

JawnyBlaze

Again it's not about the player..

Ppl want the organization to make a f'n effort. .

If you swing and miss on actual talent... I can't complain. .

But bringing in garbage like avant and Cotchery and Bersin.. Telling Cam to make these bums look like Jerry Rice is BS..

I would be shocked and amazed if we don't take a WR in the first two or three rounds this year with the expectation of that WR to be at least a solid #2 very quickly.  Like we were discussing in that Bersin thread, I think a WR corps of KB, Strong and/or Hardy (or equivalent draft pick/s), Brown, Cotchery, Ginn is a strong enough WR corps.  I'm actually glad we're not throwing crazy money around on these WRs.  Guys like Maclin and Cobb are good and all, but hot damn $10mil a year on these guys is ludicrous.  $10mil a year is what top 10 WRs should be getting, not guys that are just solid #1/very good #2s like Maclin and Cobb.

BTW britt was just signed for a butt load so there goes your argument on getting him.

For real.  $7mil a year for Britt is mind boggling.

We can also be out there looking at Safety depth and CB ..

Hey, we just signed Fast Ted whateverhisnameis at CB lol.  And he can double as a WR!

but seerusly, I'm not exactly sure what CB/S out there is a legit upgrade that we could afford.  And I'm not being facetious or anything, the only names at those two positions I know of in FA are all waaaay out of our price range.  Hell, old man Cromartie is getting almost $9mil a year for 4 years.

Obviously the Miami GM is trying to sabotage Tannehill?

5095469+_2c9077275761426c33ff821029dd883

Actually if Cooper or White fell to 10th selection I could see it.  Other than that it is a pipe dream.

25 to 10?  Would be WAY more than I'd be comfortable giving up with our pressing needs this year.  We'd have to basically throw all our chips in the starting tandem of Oher/Remmers and hope it turns out better than last time we took a high risk gamble in that regard.  Would have to depend on Harper to start at SS again, probably.  Unless Lester is ready to slide back into that role... Would probably cost our next year's 1st in addition to our 1st and 2nd this year, if not more.

Now, I would LOVE to have either of those guys on the team and if we did do something totally out of left field like that, I wouldn't be mad at all.

edit:  if I recall correctly, for Atlanta to get Julio from 20something to 6, it cost them that year's 1st, 2nd and 4th and the following year's 1st and 4th.  Julio worked out for them, but it still set them back in stocking their shelves. 

25 to 10?  Would be WAY more than I'd be comfortable giving up with our pressing needs this year.  We'd have to basically throw all our chips in the starting tandem of Oher/Remmers and hope it turns out better than last time we took a high risk gamble in that regard.  Would have to depend on Harper to start at SS again, probably.  Unless Lester is ready to slide back into that role... Would probably cost our next year's 1st in addition to our 1st and 2nd this year, if not more.

Now, I would LOVE to have either of those guys on the team and if we did do something totally out of left field like that, I wouldn't be mad at all.

edit:  if I recall correctly, for Atlanta to get Julio from 20something to 6, it cost them that year's 1st, 2nd and 4th and the following year's 1st and 4th.  Julio worked out for them, but it still set them back in stocking their shelves. 

Didn't know the cost but was curious.  I agree cant see Gettleman pulling the trigger on that.  But we do have a lot of picks this year. 

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/51589/309/2015-nfl-free-agents?pg=2quote name="JawnyBlaze" post="3283578" timestamp="1426306864"]

I would be shocked and amazed if we don't take a WR in the first two or three rounds this year with the expectation of that WR to be at least a solid #2 very quickly. Like we were discussing in that Bersin thread, I think a WR corps of KB, Strong and/or Hardy (or equivalent draft pick/s), Brown, Cotchery, Ginn is a strong enough WR corps. I'm actually glad we're not throwing crazy money around on these WRs. Guys like Maclin and Cobb are good and all, but hot damn $10mil a year on these guys is ludicrous. $10mil a year is what top 10 WRs should be getting, not guys that are just solid #1/very good #2s like Maclin and Cobb.

For real. $7mil a year for Britt is mind boggling.

Hey, we just signed Fast Ted whateverhisnameis at CB lol. And he can double as a WR!

but seerusly, I'm not exactly sure what CB/S out there is a legit upgrade that we could afford. And I'm not being facetious or anything, the only names at those two positions I know of in FA are all waaaay out of our price range. Hell, old man Cromartie is getting almost $9mil a year for 4 years.

5095469+_2c9077275761426c33ff821029dd883

Didn't know the cost but was curious. I agree cant see Gettleman pulling the trigger on that. But we do have a lot of picks this year.

Right now, all Carolina has is the standard 7 draft picks. It's funny how that feels like a lot given Hurney's frequent wheeling and dealing, and of mild interest is the fact that Carolina hasn't made a pick in every round of a single draft since 2002. Several drafts since then have yielded more than 7 total picks, but none have had at least one pick in each round.

Right now, all Carolina has is the standard 7 draft picks. It's funny how that feels like a lot, and of mild interest is the fact that Carolina hasn't made a pick in every round of a single draft since 2002. Several drafts since then have yielded more than 7 total picks, but none have had at least one pick in each round.

Like I said the other day-GMan is a deadly viper lying in the weeds.

Archived