• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Voth's sources: Panthers have no intentions of signing second wave free agents

gettlemanjack

Our team was 7-8-1.

Once again, our fanbase's failure to comprehend that the status quo is not acceptable is rearing its ugly head. Just re-signing role players from a team with that record is not how you get better, it's how you maintain. The reason we struggled early and eventually lost in the playoffs was due to glaring holes that have yet to be addressed appropriately. Ginn is not a #2 WR. Oher shouldn't be the only move we make at tackle.

But, seeing what cheapasses we planned on being after Voth's first report, luckily, I decided to check the huddle every 12 hours or so instead of wasting every waking minute checking if we signed anyone, because we won't.

It is the JR way and the norm for the Panthers. Instead of building on a 12-4 team, fat man blew it up and started over with scrubs. Then we have a predictably Panther like season with a gift of a playoff game and the highlight of the off season thus far is resigning a guy we cut last year. It's laughable. Yeah I know Hurney really fuged us with cap thing that no other team has to deal with, lol.

I really hope there is some magical scheme for LT because relying on Oher is a huge gamble and we can't plug the hole this year with a draft pick.

It's only fair that DG gets this season to put his chips on the table but no more excuses. I hope he pulls it off.

Who cares what Gettleman "said". What's he going to say - the checkbooks open and I've got my rubber stamp. Line up boys!

He doesn't tip his hand, either to his opponents, the agents, and the FA's. It's a good strategy.

Archived