• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Voth's sources: Panthers have no intentions of signing second wave free agents

gettlemanjack

Every offseason is basically the same here. There will be people in a panic, there will be people a little concerned, and then there will be people who act like everything is totally great and tell anyone who remotely disagrees with the FO that they are idiots.

That last group are usually the first ones flipping the fug out when we lose our first preseason game. Rinse, and repeat.

When your starter last year was Byron Bell, anyone you sign to fill the roster spot becomes an immediate upgrade and starter. 

I'm okay with the Oher signing because it's a cheap prove it type contract.

But when we have a franchise QB, I think we should set the bar a little higher than just simply being better than Byron Bell.

Meh, I think most of you are looking at this the wrong way. You have a handful of teams that MUST overspend to meet their cap obligations. Basically they are distorting the FA market this year. You do not want to get into a bidding war for players against Monty Brewster. (Richard Pryor film where he had to spend $30Million in 30 days to inherit $300M)

13 mil. Not even enough to sign our r [kies and extend luke and cam.

or sign extend Star and KK in a couple years..........  or extend our guards in about 3 years..  or  even sign this years class of rookies to extensions in 4 to 5 years.

Seattle's rise is due to very good drafting (Sherman, Okung, Thomas III, Chancellor, Wilson, Wagner) and smart trades (Lynch). FA plays a very small role in what they've done.

Trades are the same as picking a player up in FA. Yet we don't trade either...

I understand the concern. We did not even post a winning record last year and our front office appears happy with status quo.

I can't help but wonder if we would be so complacent in FA if we had missed the playoffs like we were supposed to with a sub 500 record.

we are in the NFC south no need to go crazy, we will make playoffs again and everyone will be happy. we are playing horse shoes and hand grenades right now.

free agency this year makes me want to yawn...meh, and who wants to spend money on a WR whenever you have a good array of talented WR to choose from in this upcoming draft.DG is a stud in the draft if you infuse his two previous drafts and I have confidence in his ability to evaluate talent.my only concern right now is addressing our need at LT...somehow...some way...some day...please...hell I will be happy with average.

Everything comes in time. Gettleman will get it done.  Not even worried.

Yeah because of his long and brilliant track record of success as a GM. LMAO.

You should be worried. He has done very little to merit that kind of trust.

Some here feel like the guy who was dragged by his wife or gf to wake up at 3am on Black Friday and wait in the cold in a long line with crazed shoppers and once you got in all that was left was a hair dryer and a remote controlled hole punched.

Archived