• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Voth's sources: Panthers have no intentions of signing second wave free agents

gettlemanjack

what money do we have to spend?

Keep in mind cam.and luke will be getting new extensions in the next 12 months.

Don't kid yourself! What makes you think Dave will be willing to dish out the kind of chedder that Cam and Luke will demand. If he has shown ANYTHING it's that he's scared to spend money.

It is very difficult to know how well a free agent is going to do while playing on a different roster, which is why so many disappoint.  If you are going to spend big bucks in free agency, spend it on known commodities.  Every big ticket free agent we do not sign at perceived need positions makes it easier to sign our known commodities later-Cam, Luke, Norman, Star, etc.  I am happy with what Gettlemen is doing because I am confident he will find 3-4 key players in the draft.

The same people wanting a spending spree now will be bitching at DG about being a tightwad when Cam's deal hits a snag.  These are people who are great to party with because they buy the drinks, but don't enter a business partnership with them.

Same poo every year for over a decade. Its why we are always just a step below SEA and never a step above.

Seattle's rise is due to very good drafting (Sherman, Okung, Thomas III, Chancellor, Wilson, Wagner) and smart trades (Lynch). FA plays a very small role in what they've done. 

Se the edit.... numbers go up due to inflation but no reason that it can't be structured like that. Eat the money when you have significant cap room in later years.

he's only.on the books for 15 million.

If i were a betting man, I'd bet that regardless of how it'structured, it'll be more than that.

Im fully expectinh 23-25 million a year, plus signing bonus Of at least 50 million.

Even if you back load it, it should exceed 15 million this year alone, and that's if they extend him hefore the season starts - which i doibt they'll do.

Don't kid yourself! What makes you think Dave will be willing to dish out the kind of chedder that Cam and Luke will demand. If he has shown ANYTHING it's that he's scared to spend money.

there is ZERO evidence to support your bullshit.

He hasn't had money to spend.

Get a clue.

Hmmmm...

We were 7-8 last year, and our plan is to do the same as last year: resign our role players, and bring in players the caliber of Decoud and Cason again?

I hope Gettleman is spot on in the draft this year again; otherwise, another season like last year is on the horizon.

what are the winning lotto numbers?

FA is overrated anyway, either guys are FA for a reason (mainly because they are not gooD or easily replaceable) or they are good but get way overpaid.

Washington and Philly in recent years have tried to buy a playoff team and both failed miserably

Archived