• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pats to release O'Connell

Delhommey

Thigpen certainly interests me, but with no first rounder and the distinct possibility of giving up a decent pick for DT help, not to mention I don't see Matt or Josh getting cut, Tyler's little more than a nice thought.

The Pats certainly have the ammo.

As soon as they brought Walter in I figured that KOC was not "getting it".

Since they drafted him in round 3 last year he must REALLY not be getting it.

It's a shocker that they cut him before Hoyer too. Maybe Hoyer is P/S material and they go with 2 QBs.

I would actually not be surprised if Den checks into him since Orton has a boo boo and Simms is out with the ankle.

It's a shocker that they cut him before Hoyer too. Maybe Hoyer is P/S material and they go with 2 QBs.

I would actually not be surprised if Den checks into him since Orton has a boo boo and Simms is out with the ankle.

That one wouldn't surprise me.

Re: Hoyer. I had forgotten he was a UDFA, considering IIRC, he was a 2nd-3rd round prospect last season, so I figed he was drafted. One thing I give him credit for, was going 10-2 last year - where plenty of MSU QB's past seemed to fold along with the team. The lightly regarded QB from a Michigan college thing may work for him.

If Gutierrez is the odd man out in KC - provided there is one, he may return to his old team.

the lions got him

Lions claimed QB Kevin O'Connell off waivers from the Patriots.

We imagine many teams put in waiver bids, but the 0-16 Lions had first priority. O'Connell, the Pats' third-round pick in 2006, offers good athleticism and above average arm strength, but his accuracy is poor. He'll be a candidate for the final roster if Drew Stanton goes on injured reserve.

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=4710

Archived