• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg Hardy not getting a warm reception ....

Jeremy Igo

The stupid kid things:  the motorcycle wreck, the 100 mph in a Bently, social media silliness (not a big deal)

Putting himself in a position where charges were brought, was tried, publicly messy, paid off primary witness, legal stuff dropped.  (Sure, he's not "legally" guilty, but he put himself in that situation.

Then there are lots of anecdotes about Hardy from the cool/funny guy at the bar who buys a round, and the moody, abrasive and kind of scary dude.

Where there's smoke, there's fire.  You don't stop the run, sack the QB or make game changing plays while on the exempt list.  But you do get paid...  Hardy made his bed with his actions and decisions, now he's paying the piper.

This doesn't make me happy as a fan of the Panthers and of the Good Greg Hardy, but "somethings are bigger than football (Dwan Edwards)."

Have you ever wrecked your car, sped, or posted something dumb on social media?

Hardy is a really good player but he still went 8 games without a sack. He's a streaky player that is either hot or cold.

Yup and he plays the run well and gets pressure...oh did we say he plays the middle as well so other DEs can get sacks since he's a matchup problem for G's?

Don't tell me you're one of those derp DE's are based on sacks type of guys..thought you were better than that.

Oh and I'll take 15 sacks even if they all come in 1 game...certainly beats 6....

Yup and he plays the run well and gets pressure...oh did we say he plays the middle as well so other DEs can get sacks since he's a matchup problem for G's?

Don't tell me you're one of those derp DE's are based on sacks type of guys..thought you were better than that.

Oh and I'll take 15 sacks even if they all come in 1 game...certainly beats 6....

He's a great player but this cowering in fear at the thought of facing him is a bit much. 

Bleacher Report is big business, and has plenty of validity and credibility, but it still has some haters---err, detractors. Sure, its meteoric rise was largely built on the backs of knowledge sports fans, but I have found that fans of a team know more than anyone else. Some of you deride blogs or cherry pick the blogs that you want to give homage too, but they are blogs nevertheless.

Bleacher Report is not a blog. It's not a forum or message board.

Bleacher Report is a multimillion dollar, digital media giant, ultimately owned by Time Warner. Facts are facts. Discount b/r all you want, but while you're hating they are putting out good information.

Gone are the days when anyone could just write some garbage and b/r would publish it.

The company has taken major steps to up its quality and become a major brand in sports journalism and digital media. One of the main problems that it has today is that some detractors say that it is exploiting its contributing writers by not sufficiently paying them. Obviously people hate that, and as such it still gets criticised rightly and wrongly.

Wonder how he'll do with Bumfug Jones lined up at the end spot opposite of him and Bubba Donuttin at DT next to him?

I suppose they should have come out and said he wasn't good enough to play. That would be the proper way to welcome a FA.

It was just a joke....

But for the second year in a row Dave is likely going to go into the season claiming the answer is on the roster at LT.

My personal feeling is that with a freak like Cam Carolina cuts corners on O simply bc they can

Wonder how he'll do with Bumfug Jones lined up at the end spot opposite of him and Bubba Donuttin at DT next to him?

If he goes to Tampa as in that other example he'll have 2 great DTs to work with, the other example was Cincy who obviously has a good Dline.

Other teams lines would greatly improve with Hardy but sure if he goes to some shitter team like Jax, Oak, etc...then it's not exactly going out on a limb saying he won't do as well.

Have you ever wrecked your car, sped, or posted something dumb on social media?

I sure have.  But I'm a relative nobody.  I'm only important to those in my life and at work.  I am also one of the most boring people ever.  I'm not a professional football player.  

You (and people who share you opinion) want to give pro athletes a free pass so long as they win a championship.  That's why the team put up with Steve Smith's antics, and other players crap throughout the years.

Now the NFL is taking it's image very seriously as it tries to make as much money as it can before the interest in the sport wanes.  If the NFL was like "OK AP, OK Hardy, be better men!  Go talk to some elementary school kids!" and let them continue to play, what would the national response be?

You will continue to defend Hardy, which is fine.  The case was dropped.  He's free and clear legally.  He should be allowed to play after whatever small NFL penalty will be.  If I'm a GM, I am very careful right now of character issues in guys.  There was a reason Hardy dropped to the 6th round with first round talent.  If I'm going to invest money in a player, I expect that they will keep their nose clean like big boys.  Getting in any kind of altercation with another human being, when you're that big and strong is foolish.

Then again, I'm just some guy on an internet forum with a moral high horse.

Archived