• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg Hardy not getting a warm reception ....

Jeremy Igo

I do think Hardy is getting significant interest, but teams don't want to sign him right away because it makes them look too over-eager to sign a guy who threatened to kill his girlfriend.  Some team will sign him a week from now after the craziness has died down and get a very good, albeit mentally troubled young player.  I think the Bengals are the best fit for him.

lol if nobody signs him.

well not really lol :-(

Someone will sign him - he's too talented to not be on a roster.  But whereas last year he would have been signed to a mega long-term deal if the Panthers didn't tag him, this year he's probably looking at an incentive laden 1-year prove it deal.  

Belichick GM philosophy revolves around acquiring talent not character.he also needs a game changer right now on that dL.especially after the Colts offseason acquisitions on the offensive side of the ball.also here's a couple more things Belichick likes and that is a 75%off price tag and the FACT that Hardys charges were dismissed.

I do think Hardy is getting significant interest, but teams don't want to sign him right away because it makes them look too over-eager to sign a guy who threatened to kill his girlfriend.  Some team will sign him a week from now after the craziness has died down and get a very good, albeit mentally troubled young player.  I think the Bengals are the best fit for him.

And I wouldn't be surprised if those teams leaked out that they were interested in Hardy to gauge public perception a bit either. 

Hardy is gonna be a Buc.

No worries, Dave just said Oher can be the answer.

I suppose they should have come out and said he wasn't good enough to play. That would be  the proper way to welcome a FA.

Anybody wondering if a full year off from playing and staying away from team facilities could have a rather profound effect on player performance? Some have said "he has less mileage", but it will be interesting to see if he has any perceptible change in his game. Also, he flourished under Rivera and was always complimentary about how he developed in our system. You wonder what changing all that will do as well. Worth considering

I think he'll end up a Bengal on a 2 year (around) $14M deal

Panthers would be stupid to not match a contract like that....

Wonder how pissed people are gonna be if we draft a DE in the first like he's been hinting at...especially if we could get Hardy at a reasonable price.

My beef with the Hardy thing is just bringing him back with a team friendly deal...if Hardy is asking for big bucks then no obviously but a deal like that....

I suppose they should have come out and said he wasn't good enough to play. That would be  the proper way to welcome a FA.

I think the point is more that Hardy will destroy any of our OLmen....he can play either side and in the middle.

The team better hope he doesn't sign with an NFCS team...especially if it's for a lower end contract.

I think the point is more that Hardy will destroy any of our OLmen....he can play either side and in the middle.

The team better hope he doesn't sign with an NFCS team...especially if it's for a lower end contract.

Hardy is a really good player but he still went 8 games without a sack. He's a streaky player that is either hot or cold.

Archived