• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg Hardy not getting a warm reception ....

Jeremy Igo

SANTA CLARA -- General manager Trent Baalke didn't mince words when it came to the 49ers' interest in Panthers free-agent pass rusher Greg Hardy. The team doesn't have any, he said firmly.

"There's been no contact with Greg Hardy or any representative of his," Baalke said during a half-hour sit down with reporters on Wednesday. “There is no interest that we’ve shown, nor will we show, in bringing Greg Hardy into this program."

Bleacher Report reported this week that the 49ers would have the most interest in Hardy, who had been involved in a high-profile domestic abuse case in North Carolina and who, while remaining on the commissioner’s so-called “exempt list,” is a free agent. Prosecutors dismissed charges against Hardy last month after they said the accuser in the case couldn't be located.

Bleacher Report says San Fran has the most interest in Hardy. San Fran says "not a chance". 

Welp, gotta love baseless speculation by BR. It gets the clicks, and fools many people into believing they are legit. 

A few weeks ago Dungy speculated on ESPN that at least half of the NFL would not touch him and that only 2-4 teams will show any serious interest. Made sense then and may be coming true.

EDIT: It actually may have been Herm who said it.

Does anyone not suspect that half of these rumors have come from Rosenhaus, trying to manufacture some need for his client?

Of course they are. Thats what he does, as he should.

The problem is legitimate news sources know this and won't run with a story based on only an agent's word. 

This is why I don't like people posting BR "articles" here and try to pass them off as legitimate. You might as well take the average Huddle topic and promote it the same way. 

Does anyone not suspect that half of these rumors have come from Rosenhaus, trying to manufacture some need for his client?

I don't know how good of a strategy "no one wants my guy" is for negotiating a higher contract, but I suppose it's possible.

Archived