• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Godzillatron Rule Question

Montsta

Schefter put that but he also mentioned it again on NFL Live that night. My guess is a throw would be easy enough for the Refs to see as intentional. There is also a rule about using rules to gain an unintended benefit.

I'm the guy that posted that on Twitter for Schefter. Kinda proud he used it on NFL Live that night, haha

I think this will be a great strategy for a team like the Lions to win their first game... Picture it

ANnouncer:

The score is Lions 3 Crygirls 47

it's

4th and 13 with :17 seconds left and the Lions are punting the ball ...

WAIT IT HIT THE SCOREBOARD REDO....LATER THAT NIGHT

AFTER ________ATTEMPTS The Crygirls decide to forfeit the game.

Great strategy. (I'm up to become one of your kids Peewee coach if anyone's interested)

I would be great if there were 20 do overs this year. I just enjoy seeing Jones pissed off. He is such a baby sometimes. I mean how do you not test this crap before you put it in place. Not all Punters angle there Kicks Jerry.....

The NFL and the commish dropped the ball on this one. A "Do-Over"? In professional sports? Because of design flaw? It's embarrassing.

The rumor, according to PFT, is that the NFL didn't want to upset Jerray with the upcoming CBA negotiations with the NFLPA and the uncapped year.

Many teams front office people are bitching about it, they think the NFL bends over backs for owners like Jerray, the Rooneys (gave them 2.5 years to straighten out their horse gambling ownership problems when the rule clearly states NFL owners can't own gambling establishments), and Robert Kraft (spygate).

The reasons for not getting Jerray upset:

1) 2010 will be an uncapped year.

2) the Superbowl will be played in Dallas Feb. 2011.

3) Jerray will probably spend like a drunken sailor on FAs to try to insure his team is in the Superbowl in his house.

4) If Jerray is pissed, he will be less likely to be willing to accept an agreement with the NFLPA.

5) Jerray is too egotistical to admit the design he agreed upon is wrong.

I do think, that since the NFL approved the stadium design, according to THEIR rules, they should pay the cost of moving it up. But that would come out of the pocket of the 31 other owners. So, the NFL passes that cost on to the fans with the "Do-Over" rule.

So, until a game is actually "changed" from the outcome of a "do-over", that's how it will stand. And when that happens, fans and the media will make such an outcry, they will finally address the situation, and make Jerray lift the scoreboard.

Until then, expect Goodell to suck on the asses of Jerray, the Rooneys, and Robert Kraft.

You might think it will be a non issue and the kickers will be fine. But I can garantee you that by the rules of Carolina vs. Dallas bullshit/penaltys/and blown calls theory that Baker will end up hitting the damn thing at a crucial point in the game, potentially f**king us over.

I think this will be a great strategy for a team like the Lions to win their first game... Picture it

ANnouncer:

The score is Lions 3 Crygirls 47

it's

4th and 13 with :17 seconds left and the Lions are punting the ball ...

WAIT IT HIT THE SCOREBOARD REDO....LATER THAT NIGHT

AFTER ________ATTEMPTS The Crygirls decide to forfeit the game.

Great strategy. (I'm up to become one of your kids Peewee coach if anyone's interested)

The Lions don't play the Cowboys

You might think it will be a non issue and the kickers will be fine. But I can garantee you that by the rules of Carolina vs. Dallas bullshit/penaltys/and blown calls theory that Baker will end up hitting the damn thing at a crucial point in the game, potentially f**king us over.

THAT.

i will be the happiest man alive if the cowboys lose games because teams found ways to exploit the location of that thing.

I don't see what any of this has to do with pie and/or cleavage, please stay on topic. Besides, his name is Barker. :)

Archived