• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Godzillatron Rule Question

Montsta

If a QB looked downfield to see complete blanket coverage on his wideouts, was rushed out of the pocket and had no options, could he conceivably just huck the ball up at that thing to get a do-over of the play? I don't know how high it is, so this may be completely out of the realm of logical thought, but it got me wondering.

I haven't had a "do-over" in competetive sports since I was 5.

No they cant just raise it when they want to. it takes major construction to move it and its to close to the season to do it know. Jerry Jones said the Tenn punter was going out of his way trying to hit it each and everytime and that in a real game situation, the punter would never be near it since they try to hit the sidelines or close to it. There is currently no offical set to "watch" the scoreboard to see if its hit so the coaches can challenge to see if the ball grazed it or not

I thought I saw on SportsCenter last night that Jerry Jones wasn't going to raise it, and "for now, the NFL is going to allow it."

How funny would it be to see the Iggles play Dallas twice a year, and cannon-armed scrambling Vick see's that the defense is covering the play perfectly, so he just throws the rock up at that thing to get a do-over. I'd imagine they'd have to honor the rule right? I don't think there is any intentionally hitting it clause in the rules.

Archived