• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Some things never change.....

CRA

Well, there you have it. Not that it matters though...I'm sure there will be many complaints the first time they run a draw on 3rd and long during the season and it doesn't get a 1st down. Fox always does this, they will say.

are you being serious? He does always do it......the reason other teams might talley a larger number of draws is b/c they incorporate them more into there offense on other downs.

I think Carolina fans must drink too much during games.....b/c there is a lot of denial that goes on around here. Fox is who he is....yet too many people act like they are gonna get something different out of him b/c of this or that.......the only thing that is gonna change under Fox is talent and execution for the most part year to year.

Damn, Delhommey just told you that he doesn't run the draw more than everybody else on 3rd and long. How dense can you be?

Oh, sorry...I didn't realize that b/c Delhommey typed something it made it fact for all to refer to.

Oh, sorry...I didn't realize that b/c Delhommey typed something it made it fact for all to refer to.

I trust him a hell of a lot more than I trust you. By all means though, do the research and post the results.

I don't even need to research it myself, because I watch other teams play and I've seen them run 3rd and long draws with my own eyes. Just about every NFL coach does it. And for the record, it actually worked quite a few times for Fox last year. In fact, I would say it was probably about 50/50 when the distance was reasonable. There is no play for 3rd and 20.

I trust him a hell of a lot more than I trust you. By all means though, do the research and post the results.

I don't even need to research it myself, because I watch other teams play and I've seen them run 3rd and long draws with my own eyes. Just about every NFL coach does it. And for the record, it actually worked quite a few times for Fox last year. In fact, I would say it was probably about 50/50 when the distance was reasonable. There is no play for 3rd and 20.

yes, all teams do it. Not all teams play Foxball.

exactly. A perfect scenario to try to pick up a long 3rd down.....seeing it was practice and all like you said. So, instead he was practicing playing Fox ball.....getting practice reps on how to not really try and to get the 1st down.....

Why WOULD Fox try something other than a draw play on 3rd and long? To give other teams a look at what we CAN do when it actually counts?

Like it was said, they were looking at situations, to see what the RB could accomplish in that particular scenario.

WOULD he do it in the regular season? Who knows...but I would have, minus the timeout, because the situation called for it at the time....we did get a field goal and the lead. How was FOX supposed to know that our D wasn't going to be able to tackle or cover anybody??

Oh believe me! That pissed me off last night! It's preseason, do something different. In the season I see the logic of playing for the FG, but that was a perfect time to do something else. Also, a little later it was 3rd and 11 and Jake throws it 40 yards down the field, WTF?!

I thought the same thing... I could not beleive they ran the ball there. Even in the regular season that might have pissed me off.

Archived