• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Perfect (Hardy) Storm

Toker Smurf

I wish we could resign Hardy for vet minimum. I believe Oakland is his best choice money wise. The dolphins signed Suh so they don't have money. Colts signed Trent Cole so I don't see them trying to get Hardy as well. Jacksonville has already signed some big name free agents so they are probably out of the mix. Which leaves the Raiders. I have heard that the Patriots are interested so he could take less and sign with them instead. New England will get the most out of Hardy and we all know that they have a history of getting troubled players to turn things around.

So you think that ESPN and whatever other pundits should be talking about Greg Hardy (even though there is literally nothing to talk about with him right now outside of pure speculation) instead of talking about Patrick Willis, Darelle Revis, Jimmy Graham, Andre Johnson, and other bonafide superstars (for more than just one year) who are actually retiring, signing, and getting traded?

No, I don't think I proved your point. I don't think you can prove your point either, because it's honestly kinda nonsensical and biased to think they should be talking about the absolute nothingness happening with Greg Hardy on the biggest day of the NFL offseason in at least the past decade.

I heard them talking for 14 hours straight on Willis/Revis/Graham & Johnson.  Not sure why you hold those guys on a pedestal over Greg, who is the acknowledged best past rusher available in free agency.  If that doesn't make him "bonafide" I don't know what the hell does.

The very fact that nothing is happening on the Hardy front, on any stage and from any angle is a story in and of itself.  

They talked about DeMarco Murray all day and nothing is happening on his front.  

A 3rd round comp pick would be a beautiful thing. Sure, Hardy was a beast. And I'd rather he never got into trouble/still on the team. But look at what some guys were traded for today...and then factor in the 10 million dollars less per year we'll have to pay that draft pick. Probably best for all parties with Cam/Luke's contracts coming up that we'll be without Hardy, and have a 3rd rounder and tons of cap space as a bonus. 

I still liked the idea of keeping him and using this situation to save a little loot. Let the past be the past. Yes, we spent 13m for almost nothing last year, but it had to have put us in a better negotiating position than if he'd played all year, and well. The fact that DG isn't trying to take advantage of this situation by being pragmatic doesn't speak much to his "all business" mentality. 

Either way, if Hardy goes, I hope it's the Raiders. AFC + far away. 

Archived