• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Olsen and Dickson

Jeremy Igo

Dickson isn't that good and he's open when people are locking in on KB and Olsen...

Charles Clay would be much better but he's not really an option....but he is a good example of a TE who actually is above average.

Zod is calling a dood who had 100 yards and 1 TD above average...man what does that say about the baddies...Dickson is a veteran who came into a situation where our playbook is like 1 page long and terrible play-makers at the receiving positions....so that's either Shulas fault(likely) or he's just average(also likely).

This combo is nothing like the Olsen / Shockey one but i'll say that Shockey's play and skill are pretty overrated though and it was his toughness and attitude that made him interesting.

Compare dickson to other teams #2 TEs. Plus factored in he's like the 5/6 option after cam(running), stew, corey, KB, tolbert, olsen. Plus factor in the all power full all knowing shula game plans and dickson had to play FB for several weeks after tolbert got hurt.

Compare dickson to other teams #2 TEs. Plus factored in he's like the 5/6 option after cam(running), stew, corey, KB, tolbert, olsen. Plus factor in the all power full all knowing shula game plans and dickson had to play FB for several weeks after tolbert got hurt.

Colts: Allen and Fleener clearly one of the best combos if not THE best.

Well for the Eagles, Ertz and Celek are pretty good

Also for the Saints Graham is Graham and Josh Hill had 5TDs last year as a #2/3 TE.

Cheifs: Fasano and Kelce another one of the better combos.

A lot of teams have actual WRs and don't need to rely on their #2 TEs...I'd rather be in that category than one of the above....Having an elite TE1 is fine with me....then again a Allen/Fleener type of combo is pretty damn good too.

Colts: Allen and Fleener clearly one of the best combos if not THE best.

Well for the Eagles, Ertz and Celek are pretty good

Also for the Saints Graham is Graham and Josh Hill had 5TDs last year as a #2/3 TE.

Cheifs: Fasano and Kelce another one of the better combos.

A lot of teams have actual WRs and don't need to rely on their #2 TEs...I'd rather be in that category than one of the above....Having an elite TE1 is fine with me.

About that saints combo....

Is it that bad to state dickson is the #15 best #2TE? I'll give you ertz, fleener, and I believe farsano is a FA. That's two, I don't think theres 15 better overall than dickson. I mean the colts run a very friendly TE system, its the main offense really. Wright form the pats is another, buts he's mainly a WR acting like a TE. Dick on has speed, blocks, STs, and can be used in passing game.

About that saints combo....

Is it that bad to state dickson is the #15 best #2TE? I'll give you ertz, fleener, and I believe farsano is a FA. That's two, I don't think theres 15 better overall than dickson. I mean the colts run a very friendly TE system, its the main offense really. Wright form the pats is another, buts he's mainly a WR acting like a TE. Dick on has speed, blocks, STs, and can be used in passing game.

Yea now you just change Graham to Seattle along with Luke Wilson and that replaces the Saints.

Luke Wilson is the guy who destroyed us in the playoff game and also had a better year than Dickson.(he didn't really destroy us but it was stupid that we let him do what he did)

But we were obviously talking about last year not this year...new TEs are going to come in and old ones out....

We run a TE friendly offense as well...plenty of if not all teams TE2 play STs...it's actually what most backup TEs do so I'm not sure that's a plus.

You know Timothy Wright had as many TDs as Olsen...add in Gronk NEs was better I mean I didn't go through and pick out all the teams that have better TEs than us...once you start talking about the 15th best backup then its really not a discussion.

Dickson isn't going to give us 7TDs or 800 yards like some of those other guys...even when we ran our good two TE offense Shockey had like 400 and 4...I guess the question is can Dickson give us that?

Archived