• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Olsen and Dickson

Jeremy Igo

Olsen is great, but I think you could easily replace Dickson with quite a few mediocre to bad TE and it'll be the same. The guy barely had over a hundred yards last season, I think the worst of his career, while still dropping the ball far too often. In his four year in Baltimore he only really had one good season, and several mediocre to bad depending on how they used him. This deal just reminds me of Cotchery's last season where everyone wanted that touchdown scorer, the one that had 10 in a single season, even though it was only one outlier of a season of his entire career. We know how that ended, with Cothery scoring a single touchdown.

Either way it's going to be Shulaball. I don't expect Dickson to "come on strong", as last season he only started to "come on strong" by actually catching the balls that were thrown to him instead of dropping them. Even then in his best game managing something like 2 catches for 40 yards.

If we really wanted a legit second TE we probably will have to trade for one or find another Shockey like Hurney managed.

If you think about it, Olsen and Dickson are probably top 5 in TE tandems in the league. That is huge potential for the passing offense.

Question is... will the Panthers finally capitalize on it now that (hopefully) a TE won't have to chip a defensive end every snap?

What say you?

I would agree with you Jeremy, but I would love to see us draft a nice flashy young TE to age with Newton. This is not a 911 need, just a want. I realize that our needs take priority.

I'm a fan of what we've done overall in FA. I was hoping we'd pick up the OLB that posted the Instagram photo, his name escapes me, but I'm sure ole RR and that scouting dept have a target in the draft.

Archived