• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera met with Owamagbe Odighizuwa in Los Angeles

gettlemanjack

scouting report from Panthers perspective that concludes:

"while “Diggy” as he’s known in Westwood isn’t the perceived need, he could be the best player on the board or dare I say, a “Blue Goose”... His combination of athleticism and power would be an instant asset to the Panthers pass rush ... Odighizuwa looks to be a top 60 selection this April, however he’s the type of player who could fly up the boards with a strong combine. Ultimately I expect him to end up as a late first round to early second round selection, and he could end up being too good to pass up for Gettleman and the Panthers."

https://dannyg13.wordpress.com/2015/01/28/prospect-to-know-owamagbe-odighizuwa/

I'd be worried about him being another DaQuan Bowers.

yep, Odighizuwa has got to check out medically. But check out how their numbers compare athletically:

40 Yrd Dash

4.92 Bowers

4.62 Odighizuwa

20 Yrd Dash

2.89 Bowers

2.69 Odighizuwa

10 Yrd Dash

1.76 Bowers

1.61 Odighizuwa

225 Lb. Bench Reps:

22 Bowers

25 Odighizuwa

Vertical Jump

34 1/2 Bowers

39 Odighizuwa

Broad Jump

09'02" Bowers

10'07" Odighizuwa

20 Yrd Shuttle

4.57 Bowers

4.19 Odighizuwa

guy from NEpatriotsdraft.com was in love with him before combine:

"I think my opening probably tipped you off that I am all in on this guy, injury concerns and all. ... He is all over the field and he is consistently making the play or doing something to allow someone else to make the play. ... He gets a first round grade from me and will be high on the list when I do my overall rankings."

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2015/02/scouting-report-owamagbe-odighizuwa-de.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

With The First Pick before the combine:

"Odighizuwa wows you on tape. ... When you see him coming of the left edge of the offense, you know a 4-3 team is going to get him because he is awesome out there. ... The first thing the scouts noticed when the popped in the tape was his consistent disruption at right defensive end. ... They really love his combination of burst around the corner and power as he can beat tackles outside and inside. ... The scouting world also loves his initial quickness, powerful bull-rush and ability to slip past guards inside. ... He has a very exciting combination of speed and power as he will beat a tackle just as well with a bull-rush as going around him. He’s the perfect size for a right end in a 4-3 and so strong, he’s really stout against the run. ... He also has a tornado of a spin-move ... He has tremendous burst around the corner ... Odighizuwa is consistently disruptive because he has the burst that you need coming off the edge. And more than that, he has the power to thump you and has a spin move he’ll whip on you. And if none of that works, he’s a technician with his hands and has blazing hand speed to execute his moves. ... He also has a tremendous, non-stop motor and is relentless at whatever it is he’s trying to do on the field. He won’t quit on you. ... He’s already crept into the first round and I don’t think he goes back from here as the testing starts. I also give him a 1st-round grade but late in the first round. He could be that piece that gets a playoff team over the top."

http://withthefirstpick.com/2015/02/03/owamagbe-odighizuwa-scouting-report/

Archived