• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera met with Owamagbe Odighizuwa in Los Angeles

gettlemanjack

Dallas Morning News:

"He is a bit older than your average draft prospect as he will hit his 23rd birthday the month of the draft. He was born in Ohio, raised in Nigeria, and a 5-Star recruit out of high school that suggested his greatness was inevitable in 2010. Since then, he has missed an entire season with 2 hip surgeries and now is trying to prove he is worth the potential health red flag. ... his recovery might mean that he is available a bit deeper in the draft if all things were equal health-wise.

there is a lot to like. ... First, he rushes from that RDE spot and can get some things done there with his array of moves. He can turn the corner reasonably well and is helped by his relentless battle. Then, you can line him up at the strong-side (LDE) where his ability to deal with the run is put on full display and that might be where he is really better than his size would indicate. He squares to the line and then can shoot gaps and anticipate the snap with speedy “get-off” and demonstrate some great athleticism. Additionally, he is moved inside on pass rush downs and can get isolated with a guard and push the pocket up. He has really long arms and uses them well with a push/pull technique that is too much for many of the college linemen he faced. His motor and his dimensions both really work in his favor.

Overall, I really like this player for the Cowboys in the late 1st or 2nd..provided he passes all of his medical exams ... You don’t always find defensive ends who appear to have better than average ability at pass rushing and run stopping, but I think Odighizuwa can be that type of guy. ... I would keep an eye on this guy in the Cowboys range."

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2015/02/sturms-draft-profile-owamagbe-odighizuwa-de-ucla.html/?hootPostID=407ac7f7da928b3149cf9903015d9517

B_XPeVqUIAA4rVF.jpg

Dynasty Blitz:

"the former UCLA Bruin seems to be rocketing up some people’s draft boards, so I decided to take a closer look. After reviewing five of his games against Virginia, USC, Utah, Texas, and Arizona State, it was clear the skill set he brings to the NFL could greatly improve the team that drafts him.

hip surgeries..could affect his performance a few years down the road and sap his fluidity.

The defensive lineman lined up at both defensive end spots and occasionally kicked inside to defensive tackle. He mostly used a four point stance off the line of scrimmage, but sometimes would stand up like a linebacker near the line.

Odighizuwa has a quick first step and gets great initial penetration off the snap. ... He uses a combination of bull rushes, spin moves, and dips underneath the shoulder pads of the blocker to swim around on the way to the quarterback. Odighizuwa uses his power to cause the most punishment when he gets his hands on the signal caller. This is usually on the mind of the quarterback, which forces the throw earlier than intended. When the defender can’t get to the passer, he makes sure his arms extend to swat the ball or at least cloud the passing lane.

Against the run, this defensive end disengages with his blockers quickly filling his assigned gap or crashing down the line to find the pigskin. He has a great motor and pursues plays downfield once theball carrier gets past the line of scrimmage. Odighizuwa often forces double teams to clear him out-of-the-way when offenses run to his side, because the defender anchors so well. Teams shouldn’t underestimate his strength either as he can be occupied by a blocker and slide down reaching out with one hand to take a player down.

Overall thoughts: Odighizuwa is an impressive defender who might be a late first round consideration in the NFL Draft ... If he goes to a solid 4-3 defense, this defensive end could prove huge value"

http://dynastyblitz.com/2015/03/05/owamagbe-odighizuwa-the-bruin-missile/?utm_medium=twitter

Lions blog (Lions pick at #23):

"UCLA defensive end Owamagbe Odighizuwa is a name that's been rising up draft boards. Let's take a closer look... Odighizuwa posted some extremely impressive numbers during the combine that may have cemented his status as a first-round pick. He has the largest hands (11 inches) of any DE prospect this year

Odighizuwa is one of the top edge-rushing prospects in this draft, and also one of my favorites to watch on tape. ... it's nearly impossible for blockers to anchor and control him.

How He Fits. Diggy across from Ziggy, need I say more? ... Although it may not be as pressing of a need as defensive tackle,..you can never have too many pass rushers. It's entirely possible that Odighizuwa will be the best player available on Martin Mayhew's board, and I would love to see Teryl Austin work with this kid."

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2015/3/4/8133529/2015-nfl-draft-profile-owamagbe-odighizuwa

Archived