• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL.com: Best free-agent bargains

gettlemanjack

two TEs make the list:

Jordan Cameron, TE, Cleveland Browns...he has the ability to be an All-Pro level tight end. Colleague Chris Wesseling recently commented on the (award-winning) Around The NFL Podcast that Cameron was the closest player he's seen to Tony Gonzalez. That's the potential we're talking about.

Rob Housler, TE, Arizona Cardinals... a poor blocker. However, his measurables are off the charts at 6-foot-5, 248 pounds with a 4.46 second 40-yard-dash time coming out of college. ... Housler has the chance to become an uber-cheap signing who could play a role as a pass-catching tight end. In the right offense, the 26-year-old could cause havoc

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000476839/article/best-freeagent-bargains?campaign=Twitter_atn_fabargains

I would love to have Brandon Graham, as I think he'd fit in our scheme really well, but I don't think he'll be a bargain like this article suggests. He's supposedly looking for 4 years $30M, $20M guaranteed which I think would be very overpriced for him. At that price we won't come near him. If we could get him for around $4-5M per then I think it would be a huge bargain and could be a big signing for us.

These three make it sound like Cameron is in high demand:

Adam Schefter @ AdamSchefter Mar 6

Seahawks terminated contract of veteran TE Zach Miller, once

the type of coveted free agent Julius Thomas and Jordan

Cameron will be.

Ian Rapoport @ RapSheet Mar 2

No franchise tags for: Jerry Hughes (Bills), Jeremy Maclin

(Eagles), Jordan Cameron (Browns), Randall Cobb (Packers).

Sizeable incomes await

theScore @ theScore Feb 27

Top Free Agents: Julius Thomas and Jordan Cameron are the

best tight ends on the market.

Rotoworld:

"Tight ends are not featured pass-catchers in a Bruce Arians offense and Housler is a poor blocker. ... Housler is easily the Cardinals' best receiving tight end, but his skills are criminally underused in coach Bruce Arians' offense ... "Tight ends for me block first, catch second," stated Arians. As much as we like Rob Housler's athletic skill set, he's not going to have an opportunity to break out statistically until he leaves Arizona. Housler is entering his contract year in 2014. He's still only 26. ... The Patriots, Giants, Packers, and Falcons could all use an athletic, catch-first tight end."

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/6621/rob-housler

New England Sports Network

"Rob Housler Among Potential Free-Agent Tight Ends For

Patriots ... The Florida Atlantic product had consecutive 400-yard seasons in 2012 and 2013 before disappearing in Bruce Arians’ offense last year, catching just nine passes for 129 yards. Housler, who ran a 4.46-second 40-yard dash coming out of college in 2011 with an impressive 6.90-second 3-cone and 37-inch vertical leap, is another solid candidate as a flex tight end"

http://nesn.com/2015/03/rob-housler-among-five-potential-free-agent-tight-ends-for-patriots/2/

B4RvigbCUAAnEoi.jpg

Rob Housler makes a catch during warm-ups

These three make it sound like Cameron is in high demand:

Adam Schefter @ AdamSchefter Mar 6

Seahawks terminated contract of veteran TE Zach Miller, once

the type of coveted free agent Julius Thomas and Jordan

Cameron will be.

Ian Rapoport @ RapSheet Mar 2

No franchise tags for: Jerry Hughes (Bills), Jeremy Maclin

(Eagles), Jordan Cameron (Browns), Randall Cobb (Packers).

Sizeable incomes await

theScore @ theScore Feb 27

Top Free Agents: Julius Thomas and Jordan Cameron are the

best tight ends on the market.

This being one of the worst tight end draft classes in recent memory is probably gonna help them out too.

Well I remember DG talking about how the team started to use GPS, and it helped them reduce injuries in the later part of the year. Maybe we try for Cameron and use this to help him not get concussed?

I don't really think that this will help much with concussions, as they are caused by usually sudden, violent hits which can happen every play.

Archived