• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

show of hands....who would love to get Bill Cowher next year???

tarheelman1969

Fox is coming off a season in which he led a team to a 12-4 record. Let's give him a few games into the 2009 season before calling for Cowher, Schottenheimer, or whomever fans are convinced would be an upgrade over the man who's coached three playoff teams during his tenure.

While we're at it, why don't we give Meeks the benefit of the doubt and wait for the regular season before calling for his replacement as well.

Like I was told earlier:

LOGIC HAS NO PLACE IN THIS THREAD

:P

Just would love to know what you guys would think of this move I personally believe he may be ready to get back to coaching next year IF some reports out there are true...Bill Cowher I think is exactly what we are needing...

What do you guys think????

If we're going for shaking up the franchise to try and give it a start, hell yeah. I like an ass-kicker and Foxy is too much like a best buddy.

One preseason game left to go and we're hearing crap like this?

Not a meaningful snap yet and someone wants to throw the winningest coach in the organization's (albeit brief) history under the bus to hire the mightiest chin since Sgt. Slaughter as the new head coach? You've got to be kidding, right?

Fox took a 1-15 team and brought it to the Super Bowl in two years. And barely lost that game. Two more trips to the playoffs? 12-4 last year? In the process he created a power-running identity for the team, shedding the "expansion team" identity it had before.

And you want to chuck him for Bill Cowher next year, before seeing how this year plays out?

Whatta maroon!

this is a great idea! we gotta get fox out of here and hire someone that can coach/own this team. That way we can trade our 2nd round pick for Glen Dorsey, then finally release Delhomme, hopefully make HUGE market moves every offseason to keep the fans happy, like signing $100 Million dollar nobodies like Haynesworth and FINALLY start winning in this all important preseason! There, all our problems solved in one hiring. Brilliant coaching idea and even more brilliant post. Thank you so much OP for finally shedding some light on this important topic

All trolling and sarcasm aside, how come no one ever mentions the fact that it took Cowher 14 years in Pittsburgh to win a superbowl? Would you be willing to wait 14 years for him to win a title here?

Fox has been coach for 7 years and people are calling for his head, asking for a coach that took twice that long to win a championship.

One preseason game left to go and we're hearing crap like this?

Not a meaningful snap yet and someone wants to throw the winningest coach in the organization's (albeit brief) history under the bus to hire the mightiest chin since Sgt. Slaughter as the new head coach? You've got to be kidding, right?

Fox took a 1-15 team and brought it to the Super Bowl in two years. And barely lost that game. Two more trips to the playoffs? 12-4 last year? In the process he created a power-running identity for the team, shedding the "expansion team" identity it had before.

And you want to chuck him for Bill Cowher next year, before seeing how this year plays out?

Whatta maroon!

Who got marooned!was it Gillagin!Which island!;)

It would probably take at least 2 crappy consecutive seasons for Foxy to get fired!Don't get me wrong,I'd love to have Cowher,but let Fox dig his own grave(2 more bad seasons)and then it will be time for Cowher!I still like Fox,but his conservative,often bland approach really grates my nerves!I don't like it when he sits on a 3pt lead,I like a coach that goes for the throat and never lets up!Now I will give him credit for establishing a great running game,hope the oline stays healthy,but I think he should get some of the blame for letting the defense fall apart!I don't think the Panthers will make the playoffs this year,but have patience,let the season play out!

Archived