• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PANTHERS fans?....when is enough enough?

tarheelman1969

The OP sounds like the tool sitting next to me at the game last night. He berated Jake the entire game. On Jake's second sack, he yelled, "Good job, Jake. Way to run away from that one!" It appeared to me when seeing it live that Jake had no opportunity to avoid the sack. Seeing the replay confirmed it; Goodson wiffed on his block and Jake had no time to scramble.

Then the jackass behind me was talking to his buddies during an offensive series and said "Jake sucks..." less than five seconds later, Jake connected with Moose on a beautiful long ball that hit Moose perfectly in stride.

Anyway...

What I saw last night night was an enormous amount of check-downs by Flacco. In fact, Rice lead the Ravens in receptions. Now, for the football-ignorant *cough*OP*cough* it is the LB's responsibility to cover RBs who come down in the flats. And who was missing last night? Two of our three starting LBs were on the sidelines in street clothes and Diggs, while good, is not at the same level as the two that were missing. So in summary, the Panthers passing defense looked suspect on the surface, but considering the absence of two key starters in the middle of the field (not to mention Teal was starting for Godfrey) Flacco's little dink-n-dunk passing routine wasn't nearly as impressive as it looked.

Positives about the game?

• Neither Jake nor McCown threw an interception.

• Goodson, our third string RB gained over 4.7 ypc against the Ravens first string defense. That doesn't even include the 14-yarder on the first play that was negated by an illegal formation penalty.

• The biggest surprise for me was our run defense. The second team defense allowed a 48 yard run, but no other rushing attempt netted more than 8 yards. We held Rice to a paltry 3.2 ypc and McGahee to 2.7 ypc.

• No fumbles, after coughing it up 10 times between the first two games.

• Several reserve players continue to impress: Kenny Moore, James Anderson, Jeremy Leman, Captain Munnerlyn, Quenton Teal. Still others showed improvement. There won't be as many hard decisions to be made this week as there has been in the past, but I think that there will be enough.

Take your doom and gloom and enjoy it. Personally I'm looking forward to the challenge that our schedule brings. If the Panthers make it to the playoffs again, they'll be better prepared to go all the way than any other team.

Take your doom and gloom and enjoy it. Personally I'm looking forward to the challenge that our schedule brings. If the Panthers make it to the playoffs again, they'll be better prepared to go all the way than any other team.

I agree with you here especially.

I also like how we are playing playoff caliber teams all through preseason which should (hopefully) pay off for us as good practice when the regular season finally gets here.

wow the same ones who are calling me an idiot are the same ones who love them some jake delhomme no matter how bad he sux...and would keep fox around if he led us to detroit lions status...now thats idiotic.

as soon as someone says "sux" i pretty much disregard their opinion for life

I donno about you, but the Eagles starting defense hasn't looked all that impressive either, I mean, if you seen them on TV.

And well... neither has their offense.. but they are still regarded as one of the best teams in the NFL this... so whats different between them and us?

I've been reading these posts since 2006, never really thought to join and voice my opinion because I was just lazy. But I have to say that this thread made me get off my lazy butt. Criticism is good to a point, but game one hasn't even been played. I dont know who gets on my nerves most - bandwagon steeler's fans or throw-in-the-towel-in- the-preason-panther's fans. Yes there are obvious problems on both sides of the ball and no one likes to lose, but giving up on your team before the season starts is just Busch league. If we are 0-6 in October, then you can start to worry/call for whoever- you-hate-on-the-team's head.

wow the same ones who are calling me an idiot are the same ones who love them some jake delhomme no matter how bad he sux...and would keep fox around if he led us to detroit lions status...now thats idiotic.

W3 5h0ulDa Tr8DeD fEr P3yt0N M4NnY!!

You sir, have mental issues.

Archived