• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

5 dirty deeds that have to be done next year!!!

tarheelman1969

Sorry to burst your bubble, but our personel on D could probably run a 3-4 better than the Meeks style 4-3. Obviously, Kemo's injury blows up both schemes but if he were still playing, it would look somethen like this:

Brayton, Kemo, Lewis

H Taylor, E Brown, Beason, Conner, Diggs, T Davis, Anderson (take your pick)

secondary is fine.

You could play Peppers as a LB in some schemes and a DE in others.

Lebeau could wipe teams up with our lineup. Course I know he and Cowher do not come as a package.

I hate to get into a 3-4 vs 4-3 as it has been beaten to death on this board, but here goes.

In truth, we don't know how our players would do in a 3-4 because besides Kemo in Baltimore, none of them have any experience in that formation. Simply switching undersized DEs to OLB and saying "Boom, they will be our pass rushers off the edge" doesn't make sense as real football isn't the same thing as Madden. I wouldn't trust Taylor or Brown in coverage (which they would need to do at some points) and I'm not sure assuming Taylor will even be able to get a good rush on the passer is a good idea either. Also, I'm not sure if Beason and Davis (who I'm assuming you'd want in the middle of the LB corp) are big enough to take on Guards or Centers. You are also assuming that Lewis could play DE in a 3-4 (not as simple as taking a smaller DT and pushing him outside) and that Brayton could do the same (he might be able to pull it off).

Obviously don't agree with all points made by original thread, but do not discount all points nor agree with all rebutters? in this thread. Frustrated as anyone and am afraid we will be talking more about it later. If Westbrook lights us up in week one, this board will be a disaster area.

I hate to get into a 3-4 vs 4-3 as it has been beaten to death on this board, but here goes.

In truth, we don't know how our players would do in a 3-4 because besides Kemo in Baltimore, none of them have any experience in that formation. Simply switching undersized DEs to OLB and saying "Boom, they will be our pass rushers off the edge" doesn't make sense as real football isn't the same thing as Madden. I wouldn't trust Taylor or Brown in coverage (which they would need to do at some points) and I'm not sure assuming Taylor will even be able to get a good rush on the passer is a good idea either. Also, I'm not sure if Beason and Davis (who I'm assuming you'd want in the middle of the LB corp) are big enough to take on Guards or Centers. You are also assuming that Lewis could play DE in a 3-4 (not as simple as taking a smaller DT and pushing him outside) and that Brayton could do the same (he might be able to pull it off).

All good points, just as our crew at the moment doesn't seem to be as quick and disruptive as a Meeks scheme requires. Just saying from our personel, we could have probably run one scheme as good as the other.

a new poster, also a new fan. just started watching football last january cuz he heard its cool. will probably even play ff this year. so many dumb fans dont know what to do with

Who were you referring to? Your post wasn't very clear.

Obviously don't agree with all points made by original thread, but do not discount all points nor agree with all rebutters? in this thread. Frustrated as anyone and am afraid we will be talking more about it later. If Westbrook lights us up in week one, this board will be a disaster area.

I'm not discounting anything he is saying. I just think it's too early to start complaining about everything. Let's wait a few games into the season and see what the team can do when the games matter. Then we can moan and groan for months about it all or not... Until then I will be hopeful and optimistic.

Archived