• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Daryl Williams OT Oklahoma

gettlemanjack

from an article on Williams a year ago, before the 2014 season began:

“Daryl truly has been remarkable as he stepped forward in the winter, spring and summer,” Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops said. “He’s been one of the best leaders I’ve been around in 16 years. He’s always been a bright, great worker, great teammate, but now he’s taken ownership of being a leader.”

quarterback Trevor Knight said: “He was watching extra film every single day, on top of what we already had to do,” Knight said. “He was coming out early for practice, staying late for practice, really doing all the little things right. And it paid off for him.”

defensive tackle Chuka Ndulue said: “I believe in my soul that Daryl is the best right tackle in the nation,” Ndulue said. “Going against him in practice every day makes me better as a player, because if I can hold my own against him I can hold my own against anyone in the country.”

http://www.dentonrc.com/sports/colleges/colleges-headlines/20140723-football-williams-grows-into-leader-at-ou.ece

BtGZSi4CAAAOODB.jpg

comments from fellow Huddlers:

ncfan:

"would rather see us go out and get a solid LT in the 1st. A Good #2 WR in this deep WR pool in the 2nd. Then get a Road Grading Mauler RT like Daryl Williams in the 3rd."

ncfan:

"3rd R: Daryl Williams- Looked good at LT vs Alabama last year but will be a RT in the NFL. Kid can open some holes in the run game and a solid pass blocker."

ncfan:

"3rd R - Daryl Williams: good pass blocker for a RT, had a GOOD showing at LT vs Alabama last year. Good run blocker. Future is RT in the NFL but can play LT if needed. Again better than any OT on our current roster."

AaronPhillips28:

"We aren't even guaranteed to take a T in the 1st. If Landon Collins fell, get him. That would leave us with a guy like Thompson or teammate Daryl Williams in the 2nd."

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

on his Big Board released yesterday, Mayock grades the OL:

8. Brandon Scherff, OT, Iowa

16. La'el Collins, OT, LSU

21. Ereck Flowers, OT, Miami (Fla.)

25. D.J. Humphries, OT, Florida

26. Cameron Erving, C, Florida State

28. Andrus Peat, OT, Stanford

33. T.J. Clemmings, OT, Pittsburgh

39. Jake Fisher, OT, Oregon

40. Donovan Smith, OT, Penn State

52. Cedric Ogbuehi, OT, Texas A&M

82. Daryl Williams, OT, Oklahoma

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000488358/article/2015-nfl-draft-mike-mayocks-top-100-prospects

Archived