• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Extend Greg Olsen

Jeremy Igo

As a side note, this is Gman's first major extension, no? Wonder how Hurney would have handled this, probably 5 years and structured so it would be more expensive to cut him as time went on or something dumb. (Not that I see us having to cut Olsen in the next 3 years, obviously.)

Also, this may have already been discussed in this thread, but according to Spotrac, his 2015 cap hit is 10M and after that its 3M/year? If so that's brilliant, lets us take advantage of our extra cap space this year and gives us major flexibility for Cam/Luke's cap hits in 2016 and beyond.

Will save about $1.5 million in cap room at the most assuming the 3 years are added onto the end of his current contract meaning he has 4 years left on his deal. If it replaces his current deal and he is under contract for 3 more years, it saves about $500k. It's not much at all really because of the big signing bonus.

Thanks for answering.

I guess I am the Huddle tightwad but this makes him 3rd in the league in average salary?

I have nothing against him and hope he retires here, but being ahead of Witten?  I don't know, I guess in my world the team cap would be like $67 million or something and we would never sign a soul, but I try never to get too enthused for any player when we are spreading cash around.

He is a team leader, community leader, incredible player, etc.  I will crawl back under my rock now.

Archived