• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Extend Greg Olsen

Jeremy Igo

Only 3 years?  The way Olsen was talking saying that this assures he'll play out his career in Charlotte, I expected a longer deal.

He's a family man, I doubt he'll play into his mid/late 30s. He'll be 34 when this contract is up, may wanna make the switch to full time dad at that time.

Seems kind of high.

Jimmy Graham signed for 4 years, $40M.  Gronk signed for 6 years and $53M three years ago.  Jason Witten signed for 5 years, $37M four years ago.  Vernon Davis signed a very similar deal one year earlier. 

Olsen deal seems right in line with who he is.  He's one of the best TEs in the NFL.  Not as dynamic as Graham or Gronk, but then again, he's not making as much as them either.

What are the cap savings?

Maybe someone could correct me after I say this but I believe the Contract was just extending his time here not restructuring his pay for this season and putting it off for the next.

I never thought we would loose Olsen anytime soon. He and the Panthers are a great match together and I wish him the best of luck.

I can't wait for the Bengals to sign Hardy so people will finally stop talking about him.

How much do you wanna bet that after he signs somewhere else, someone will start a thread suggesting we trade for him?

If you doubt me, just look back and you'll see that somebody actually did just that after the Ravens signed Steve Smith.

Glad Greg has established Charlotte as a home for his children and a place he can finish his career. He is seriously the best player we've ever come across through a trade. I'm pumped to see three legged Greg stay in Carolina.

He's a family man, I doubt he'll play into his mid/late 30s. He'll be 34 when this contract is up, may wanna make the switch to full time dad at that time.

Or coach.

I know everybody wants every player that retires from here to become a coach, but Olsen is one who's actually smart enough to do it.

Jimmy Graham signed for 4 years, $40M. Gronk signed for 6 years and $53M three years ago. Jason Witten signed for 5 years, $37M four years ago. Vernon Davis signed a very similar deal one year earlier.

Olsen deal seems right in line with who he is. He's one of the best TEs in the NFL. Not as dynamic as Graham or Gronk, but then again, he's not making as much as them either.

Dude can't even play LT.

:)

I was waiting for someone to bite.

Archived