• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Extend Greg Olsen

Jeremy Igo

I could see them using this offseason to do deals for guys like Olsen, Davis, Johnson, etc and putting off working on the deals for Cam and Luke till late in the season or next offseason (especially with Luke).

I agree. Add in the likeliness that the cap will jump again next year by maybe $10 Mil again and the two truly monster contracts of Cam and Luke may be the large majority of next years money.

I agree. Add in the likeliness that the cap will jump again next year by maybe $10 Mil again and the two truly monster contracts of Cam and Luke may be the large majority of next years money.

I wouldn't have a problem with that.

Get the infrastructure of the roster around Cam in place, then talk extension. Next year, do the same with Luke.

All in all a solid deal, but not loving how it adds $3 million to his cap hit this year. Still hoping we can get to that $21 million mark in cap space. According to my math we now $15,642,313 in space.

Remember the draft changes all. Need around 5 million to sign the class. Picks 1-5 push the 51st contract higher. 6-7 normally don't count, cause 51st is normally around $500,000. Plus 90,000 for UDFAs too.

Plus remember dave likes to carry around 5 million into the season as insurance.

So........basically panthers don't have any room. Unless other contracts get reworked or worded to hit next year when the panthers should have around 55 million in space(no cam deal or TD)

Charlotte loves Olsen as much as he loves Charlotte. Great move. I was so disappointed when we didn't get a chance to draft him.

I can see him as a future GM, he's smarter than most of them now. He'll learn from Gettleman, you watch.

Can Greg play LT?

lol I think he basically does each time he's lined up on the left next to Bell. :D

Two years ago I said he was overpaid. Olsen was just another terrible herniay contract, but in those two years he's been worth the money. 7.5 is fair to all sides, plus given his work ethic no issues with him haynesworthing. He's cam best friend on the field too.

Remember the draft changes all. Need around 5 million to sign the class. Picks 1-5 push the 51st contract higher. 6-7 normally don't count, cause 51st is normally around $500,000. Plus 90,000 for UDFAs too.

Plus remember dave likes to carry around 5 million into the season as insurance.

So........basically panthers don't have any room. Unless other contracts get reworked or worded to hit next year when the panthers should have around 55 million in space(no cam deal or TD)

I believe we only need about 3 million due to us picking so late. Also, we HAVE to spend 89% of our cap, we won't carry 5 mil extra this year.

Archived