• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DJ Humphries or Jake Fisher in the 1st

MedellinHeel

Fisher without a doubt. Better agility, plays with tenacity, and can block on an island.

I'm convinced Humphries looks better because the LG for Miami (don't know his name) plays like a beast. He helps Humphries a lot. Rarely is Humphries asked to block a guy single handedly. That and Duke Johnson is a fantastic runner. Humphries is hyped up right now in my opinion. Good tools but not enough proof that he knows how to use them. Just one guy's opinion.

Humphries plays for Florida. The Miami OT is Ereck Flowers

Humphries plays for Florida. The Miami OT is Ereck Flowers

Holy hell yeah I did get them confused. It was Flowers that I felt that way about. I like Humphries. LSU gave him some fits but I do like his style. Still would take Fisher though.

Thanks for the correction.

Mel Kiper has us picking Humphries in his Mock 3.0:

all of the following also have us taking Humphries at #25 in their lastest mocks:

ex-scout Bucky Brooks of NFL.com

Dan Kadar of Mocking The Draft

NFL.com's Lance Zierlein

Pete Prisco

Matt Miller

Rob Rang of CBS Sports

Yahoo Sports’ Eric Edholm has Humphries going #31

https://m.yahoo.com/w/legobpengine/sports/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/post-nfl-combine-two-round-mock-draft-155706803.html?orig_host_hdr=sports.yahoo.com&.intl=us&.lang=en-US&_device=tablet

Daniel Jeremiah of NFL.com has Humphries going #23

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/mock-drafts/daniel-jeremiah/230601

Charles Davis of NFL.com has Humphries going #9

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/mock-drafts/charles-davis/230602

i see us taking ANY player other than MLB or QB in the first so long as Gman thinks they are the best player. 

Pretty much that.

I'm not really worried about who we draft as Gman has such a nice tendency to pick up UDFAs that fit real well.  We will get some good players this offseason, that I know.

I'd be comfortable with both. 

If we grab one of them, I'd expect Strong and the top-3 to be gone at WR and Collins/Scherff at OT.  I wouldn't sleep on some of these DTs though (that may sound crazy)

I really don't like the DE value in round 1 though.  I just don't see any 3 down 4-3 DEs until Preston Smith in the draft.  Maybe Odi and Dupree.  I don't know where DJ and Fisher two would stand on DG's big board with Waynes/Johnson/Collins at CB. 

I can realistically see teams placing DJ and Fisher ahead of Flowers, Peat, and Clemmings. 

Archived