• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kayak Fishing.....

Jeremy Igo

One day I will own this bad boy...

http://www.kayakcity.com/hobie-mirage-revolution-11-kayak-dune-2015/?gclid=CjwKEAjwoZ-oBRCAjZqs96qCmzgSJADnWCv8yDjJFembB9mLPA9PJLMve-gzWJ-t3cosQSzpZAPhTBoCq9Lw_wcB

Would be nice to be hands free to cast. At that price it's not in the recreation budget anytime soon though.

see I've talked to a lot of people about those, and the consistent drawback is the weight of them, they weigh considerably more. A couple people told me that I was better off with my tarpon.

Now the Jackson Cuda is probably the one Id get right now if I was buying

http://jacksonkayak.com/jk-kayaks/kayak-fishing/cuda/

There are some killer places to go kayak fishing around Asheville and the Smoky Mountains. Plus the scenery is awesome. If you live around Charlotte it's a bit of a drive for one day but if you like camping it makes for a great 2-3 day weekend. If you've got boys I'm sure they'd love it. Would make for a great father-son weekend getaway.

I've caught a few huge Stripers and catfish at Lake Norman. Not sure how comfortable that'd be standing up on a kayak. Especially with all the drunk idiots on jet skis and speed boats flying around. I think I'm the only person in Huntersville that owns a fishing rod. Usually get weird looks when I go to the lake to actually fish.

Yeah, Lake Norman sucks but is fairly kayak friendly during the week. On the weekends, forget about it. You'll get killed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been out on the lakes recently? It's about that time of year where they should start biting good.

I'm ready when you are if they are biting so just let me know when and I'll take a day off work.

I'll be heading out this week to see. Should be pretty decent. Probably Tuesday and Wednesday morning

• 2 weeks later...

Made it out last week. Water is still chilly.

Next week should be ideal. Let me know if you want to go out.

Definitely...first of the month is a bit busy at work but I can probably swing taking a day off on Tuesday or Wednesday. I'll renew my licensed this weekend. 

***Edit - Tuesday is no good. It will have to be Wednesday or any day the following week. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived