• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kayak Fishing.....

Jeremy Igo

Ever do any cat fishing down there? 

Catch some nice blues up here. Use vienna sausages for bait. 

i haven't fished for cats, but i know they are in there. 

According to the travel section of USA Today:

Bass fishing -- particularly largemouth bass fishing -- is one of the Catawba River's main attractions. Smallmouth bass are available farther upstream in the river's headwaters, but the section near Rock Hill, where the sluggish and often muddy water supports thriving aquatic vegetation, offers perfect largemouth habitat. Deep holes in the river also harbor massive flathead and channel catfish, and panfish anglers in search of table fare will find bluegill, bream, redbreast sunfish and crappie.

Went out yesterday morning to Mountain Island Lake. 

Water temp was about 50 degrees. 

Fish seemed sluggish, would only bite on a slow moving jig. I don't think the water is warm enough just yet for spring fishing. 

Ended up two only 2 bass on the day. 

Went out yesterday morning to Mountain Island Lake.

Water temp was about 50 degrees.

Fish seemed sluggish, would only bite on a slow moving jig. I don't think the water is warm enough just yet for spring fishing.

Ended up two only 2 bass on the day.

Liar. I've been dancing a slow jig on River St and no fish have jumped

that's awesome! i've been pricing a 2nd fishing yak to have for friend's who don't have their own. leaning toward the perception sport pescador 12, emotion stealth 11 angler, and the trophy 126 future beach. the first 2 are sit on tops and the last one is a sit in very similar to the one i currently use.

that's awesome! i've been pricing a 2nd fishing yak to have for friend's who don't have their own. leaning toward the perception sport pescador 12, emotion stealth 11 angler, and the trophy 126 future beach. the first 2 are sit on tops and the last one is a sit in very similar to the one i currently use.

I have the pescador 12 and love it. Very customizable. Rigged it up with fish finder, anchor trolley, bait tube, other goodies.

Archived